Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Over half The Mails pundits think we'll survive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very confident we will be perfectly safe next year. Newcastle and West Brom were our level last year, no better, and they didn't exactly go cash crazy when promoted and both were comfortable.

FFS Blackpool scraped in, spent very little and very nearly stayed up.

Swansea have improved, but they needed to improve to even reach our level from last season, 4-0 anyone...?

Norwich, will find it tough imho. They did brilliantly, but teams who get back to back promotions often have some original players stil amongst them and i think many will struggle with the prem, moreso than ours, plus Holt got a lot in the CCC, but i can't see him doing it in the prem at all as he doesn;t look fit enough for me.

As for us, we were already better than them and have added 2 excellent stikers who i think could compliment each other perfectly, and who could've both got England call ups only last season (not 10 yrs ago!) if DJ got a call when many suggested he'd earnt one. Dyer could also be great if fit, and nothing to lose with him, Gabbidon is capable also....

Not to mention the already poor teams in the prem that didn't get relegated. I'm sure we'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
      I am very confident we will be perfectly safe next year. Newcastle and West Brom were our level last year, no better, and they didn't exactly go cash crazy when promoted and both were comfortable.
      FFS Blackpool scraped in, spent very little and very nearly stayed up.

Swansea have improved, but they needed to improve to even reach our level from last season, 4-0 anyone...?

Norwich, will find it tough imho. They did brilliantly, but teams who get back to back promotions often have some original players stil amongst them and i think many will struggle with the prem, moreso than ours, plus Holt got a lot in the CCC, but i can't see him doing it in the prem at all as he doesn;t look fit enough for me.

As for us, we were already better than them and have added 2 excellent stikers who i think could compliment each other perfectly, and who could've both got England call ups only last season (not 10 yrs ago!) if DJ got a call when many suggested he'd earnt one. Dyer could also be great if fit, and nothing to lose with him, Gabbidon is capable also....

Not to mention the already poor teams in the prem that didn't get relegated. I'm sure we'll be fine.
      Although i totally agree with your points mate, i think we will stay up no doubt, agree with everyting you say about Swansea and Norwich, but i have got to say that, IMO, that Newcastle last year were alot better than we are this year: Barton, Nolan, Carroll, Colocinni, Jose Enrique, Gutierezz, alan Smith and Ameobi just to name a few of their players?

IMO, Blackburn, Norwich, Swansea (alot of fire power but havent really improved their defence that saw them lose 10 games last year!) and Wigan will all be worse off than us this yr.... Roll on Saturday
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Over half the mail pundits think we'll stay up? Probably all pissed when they wrote their piece. We have zero chance.

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
          Over half the mail pundits think we'll stay up? Probably all pissed when they wrote their piece. We have zero chance.
          go support somebody else if you dont enjoy being a Rangers fan
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
            Are you australian.?
            http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Had a good-hearted laugh at the above comments! Matty, I love Rangers passionately and have for 41 years, and I'll never support anyone else, and Mellow, I'm English not Australian (although I do have dual citizenship). The reason I post as I do (apart from genuinely believing that unless things change significantly before the transfer window we will go down) is because its my way of venting my frustration (since I can't be at many, if any, games this season) at the owners. I may be wrong, but I think we need to keep up the pressure on them by all legal means to sever their ties with this club. I am one of those who felt the Mittals would have been good for this club. It can be argued that FB & BE were initially good for the club overall. But I don't think that can reasonably be argued any longer. I want them OUT, and I intend to keep posting to that effect until I see signs of real change. Any little bit of pressure that can be applied [I]may[I]just help a little. I hope so.

Comment

Working...
              X