Leicester mean business - Statement on their official website from Chairman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
    They have spent 9.5 million, with a fantastic chance of going up. They will get 30k crowds also.

Think its a fantastic gamble tbh.
    9.5 million is only the surface figure for this year. To that you have to add very good wages, signing on fee's, bonuses, Sven's salary, all of last years heavy spends for no promotion etc.

It wouldn't surprise me that come the end of the season, promotion or not, they would have spent the best part of 50 million in the last couple of years.

Not saying that it's a wrong gamble for the owner - but if he pulls the plug.......

Comment

It's all well and good spending money like they are, but one think we have shown is you don't have to spend loads to go up and i like the idea now we're being prudent with our cash and looking for value for money. Once players like Vine, Rowlands and Hall leave all our long contract players will have gone. We need to build each season. They are running before they can walk.

We will do ok this season. 17th will be fine for me.
      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

I bet he will organise a "proper" parade though Hammersmith

Comment

What I can't believe is that they only have 6000 season ticket holders!

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
            What I can't believe is that they only have 6000 season ticket holders!
            Read again.. I read that as 6000 fans not ST's.. Are they away 1st game of season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
              Read again.. I read that as 6000 fans not ST's.. Are they away 1st game of season.
              yea to Coventry. 6k away fans isnt too shabby!
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                yea to Coventry. 6k away fans isnt too shabby!
                They are pretty much their bonafide local rivals though.

It'll be interesting to see how many turn up to Doncaster in the middle of December......

Comment

I wouldn't swap positions with them for anything. Chelski of the NPC.

With a manger who is meant to be as good as Sven, it's sad that they have to spend PL money just to feel they have a chance of getting there.
                  Your mum would love me...

Comment

As warnock has said on a few occasions, wages are the problem for us more than the transfer fees.

Comment

Working...
                    X