NW wants 3 more signings - MERGED THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dando View Post
    sounds like DJ, Murphy and Puncheon to me. Good signings, but we need full backs - I think we can all seethat. The defence may be solid enough defensively, but offers very little pace and support on the attack
    Murphy is already our player isnt he? Plus we will have a defender, Warnock said the other day he knows we need a defender (although he did say not necessarily a fullback, which I personally think is essential).
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

That would slow him down a bit Benny!

Comment

theres another article though saying he wants a striker, winger and keeper, so Im assuming its thoses

Comment

this one http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport...4767-29167809/

Comment

Fair play mate! Maybe Onouha was the only fullback we were after and now thats been killed off he has decided were OK on fullbacks? Who knows eh, but in Warnock we trust!

Comment

25 players yesterday were given squad numbers including Doughty who wouldn't need to be included in the 25 man list that has to be submitted on September 1st.

The rules, which haven't been updated since last season, state that a person is classified under 21 if they were born on or after January 1st 1989. Therefore if this was updated you would think that date would become January 1st 1990 meaning that Troy Hewitt (born 10/02/90) would also could as under 21 and therefore he would not need to be included in that squad either.

If we are looking to sign three more players it would suggest that one of the players given squad numbers will not make that 25 man squad. I think Murphy will get a deal and we need to have three keepers - I've no idea how good Putnins really is especially at such a higher level that we will be playing next season. If Cerny or Kenny are out injured I'd rather we have an experienced keeper in the squad then to rely on Putnins or who we can get in on the emergency rule.

Who will miss out from the list yesterday is anyone's guess.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                25 players yesterday were given squad numbers including Doughty who wouldn't need to be included in the 25 man list that has to be submitted on September 1st.

The rules, which haven't been updated since last season, state that a person is classified under 21 if they were born on or after January 1st 1989. Therefore if this was updated you would think that date would become January 1st 1990 meaning that Troy Hewitt (born 10/02/90) would also could as under 21 and therefore he would not need to be included in that squad either.

If we are looking to sign three more players it would suggest that one of the players given squad numbers will not make that 25 man squad. I think Murphy will get a deal and we need to have three keepers - I've no idea how good Putnins really is especially at such a higher level that we will be playing next season. If Cerny or Kenny are out injured I'd rather we have an experienced keeper in the squad then to rely on Putnins or who we can get in on the emergency rule.

Who will miss out from the list yesterday is anyone's guess.
                My guess (although rather optimistically!) would be Hulse. Should DJ sign, well have him, Bothroydm Helguson and Dave as strikers, really cant see the need for Hulse tbh.

Comment

Probably hard for NW to answer since he doesn't know whos buying the club.
                  In 2 days he could have a brand new budget, new wage roof etc.

Comment

Originally posted by W12hoops View Post
                    Probably hard for NW to answer since he doesn't know whos buying the club.
                    In 2 days he could have a brand new budget, new wage roof etc.
                    Even if he knew he had a speculated vastly increased budget. believe you would still be seeing the same vibes from NW dont think he would pay over what he thinks a player is worth be it in fee or wages

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post
                      Even if he knew he had a speculated vastly increased budget. believe you would still be seeing the same vibes from NW dont think he would pay over what he thinks a player is worth be it in fee or wages
                      Agree, thats what I like about NW. But could cause troubles though

Comment

NW wants 3 more signings

and that doesn't include defenders according to the Ealing Gazette (or Joe Cole or Barton come to that)

Quote:

QPR boss wants three more signings
                        Aug 3 2011 By Jacob Murtagh

NEIL Warnock wants to have three more signings in place before next week's Premier League opener against Bolton.

The QPR boss wants another striker, a winger and a keeper to complete his squad for the forthcoming campaign.

Rangers have already agreed a deal for DJ Campbell, while Warnock is also interested in Southampton winger Jason Puncheon. Former Ipswich shotstopper Brian Murphy is also set for talks with the club this week.

“We're looking to bring in three more players before the start of the season,” said Warnock.

“We would like to bring a striker in, a wide player and a keeper.”

In other words the three we already know about - nothing beyond that ??

Comment

SSN are saying under their "top story" things that NW's after two. who knows...don't even think Neil knows how many he'll get!

Comment

DJ Campbell
                            Puncheon
                            Murphy

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                              DJ Campbell
                              Puncheon
                              Murphy
                              How exciting wen the name Joe cole is floating around.
                              http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                                Again, I wouldn't believe everything Neil says. I'd imagine he's looking for 4-5 on top of DJ.
                                Yeah I think your'e about right Benny ,NW today says He will make a descision on Perone next week, the rumour on Ruudie guy seems quite strong ,Punch looks likely and the F/Bs must be i His mind

Comment

Working...
                                X