• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of info

On mr Puncheon if your interested!!

KingslandSFC24/02/2011, 09:53 PM
    Jason 'Sulky' Puncheon

So...its very near the end of the season be interesting to hear your thoughts on what Nigel Adkins should do with Jason Puncheon.

My opinion...SEI.L!

Due to his lack of performance he was dropped and replaced with whiz kid Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and since struggled to fit in NA teams. He has since had 6 week loan spell at Millwall where he managed to find the back of the net but some how struggled to when he wore a Southampton Top.
    In one game Pucheon bagged a hatrick for Millwall when played against Crystal Palace

http://www.southwarknews.co.uk/uploa...age-flat33.jpg

Loan Spell also at MK DONS...

http://img.skysports.com/09/03/218x2...on_2055420.jpg

Presently Jason Puncheon has gone up north to Premier League Dark Horse's – Blackpool.
    AND...HE SCORED A GOAL!!!

http://newsinblackpool.com/wp-conten...y_282getty.jpg

So do you want Southampton's No 10 – Jason Puncheon back in Southampton colours or sold??

Thoughts...

http://mobile.dailyecho.co.uk/resour...es/1467021.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saint_Lambden24/02/2011, 10:01 PM
    Get rid of the tw_t , didn't want to wear the red and white so I don't want to see him in it.

Acted like a complete #### before his move to Blackpool.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JDub Saint24/02/2011, 10:02 PM
    Got to sell him really, he doesn't want to be here and doesn't perform for us anymore. Easily replaceable in the summer.

KingslandSFC24/02/2011, 10:04 PM
    Yep.. now with Forte , N'Guessan , Lallana & Chamberlain - I can't see him being needed tbh!

BUG24/02/2011, 10:08 PM
    Sell him, hopefully for a good profit as well because of his growing reputation.

Shame though i think hes a talent, would he have wanted to leave though if the fans had got behind him rather than boo'd him early on in the season??

Rickie Lamberts Golden Boot24/02/2011, 11:29 PM
    Providing we get promoted I think Chamberlain and Lallana will be our natural wingers for a number of years. N'Guessan is a loan player and Holmes is unfortunately always injured.

Puncheon was great this time last year. Let's be honest some fans got on his back after a poor start to this season and that has driven him out.

Doing The Lambert Walk25/02/2011, 12:48 AM
    Ahh, Jason Puncheon.

Trust me - 100% Todger, thinks he is the big I am having spoken to him. Always felt he should be in charge and fell out with Adkins over tactics, to which Crosby defended Adkins before Puncheon became somewhat unpleasant. He did also moan about the fans and land digs about us on the phone too. Grade A winker.

You do the math, Jason is now at Blackpool.

Yes, he was the source, new board, new era, new start.

OrmerodLoveFox25/02/2011, 09:34 AM
    I was really impressed with him when he came in: quick feet, good work rate, creative, decent like up with Rickie but then it went all off the edge of a cliff.

I've heard a few things about his behaviour in the past and it now begins to make sense that he's a bit of a trouble maker. He'd be an asset to most sides if he is top dog but you obviously run the risk of him cracking like it sounds like he's done at our place.

It's a shame Lee Holmes is permanently injured as he's shown glimpses of what he can do.

Beddytare25/02/2011, 09:51 AM
    When a manager says "the reason Puncheon is not in the squad was because he has not got the right mental attitude at the moment" That for me says a lot. Others have said that his attitude is/was unsettling the side........I don't know about that, but for a manager to come out and say his attitude is wrong. This to me suggests bye Bye Puncheon. Now he has at least 2 seasons left so if Saints do not get the right price for him he won't be going anywhere other than on loan. That's another couple of years out of a short career he cannot afford. So should be sold in the summer.

OrmerodLoveFox25/02/2011, 10:00 AM
    Am I right in saying we paid around £250k for him? I think we'd be in a good position to make a healthy profit from that, as to be far to him he hasn't looked out of place when I've seen him play for Blackpool.

Think he will end up there even if they are relegated, I think they'll stay up though. It's Wolves, West Brom and Wigan to go down! I'd love West Ham to go though.

hippysaint25/02/2011, 11:53 AM
    I rate Puncheon and think he is a really good player. I think the fans got on his back as he had a few off games & this effected his performance even more at ST Marys. I think like any player, it was a confidence issue & he probably tried too hard which can cause even more small errors. Which then leads to a very frustrated player. He has shown he can score goals by his performance at Millwall championship & also Blackpool prem. Something didn't click for him this season at Southampton which is a shame. Good luck Puncheon what ever happens.

OrmerodLoveFox25/02/2011, 12:03 PM
    From some reports it sounds as if he had his noise put out of joint when Chamberlain was preferred to him. I've criticised him in the past and feel he has the ability to be a very good player who can change games but it just became a distant memory this season.

The reason? Who can really say. Confidence, falling out with the management, players or fans?

I'll wish him luck but won't be too disheartened if he leaves.

saintstance25/02/2011, 12:36 PM
    Agree with Kingsland- SELL. A talented player, but his body language at times was terrible. I haven't seen anything from him that we couldn't replace....

NashySFC25/02/2011, 01:13 PM
    SELL ----

Not because he has no talent because quite clearly when or if his head is in the right place he can have blinding games..... but since the start of the season the fans in my opinion did get on his back a little too much and that was a little unfair.... but rather than prove us wrong, he spat his dummy out and the press told us the rest.

Good luck to him because he really is a good player, but now oxo is flying, he was only ever going to be an impact sub lets be honest. Now we have N'Guessan on loan and Forte, hopefully in the summer we can add to this and Punc's presence will not be missed.

If we get back what we paid then ill be happy!

COYRs

SFC4BAG25/02/2011, 01:36 PM
    I agree. Sell and get our money back. If we get more fine. He is supposed to be a professional but has acted at times in a most unprofessional manner. It is a shame but we can't win them all.

SAINTDON1325/02/2011, 01:43 PM
    He has talent, but was not happy here, it was reported that he started to bully Oxo when he realised that he was getting preference, other players were said to have sided with Oxo, hence the animosity and lack of effort from Punchy. Yes I know it is only rumour, but was from a normally reliable source, I cannot tolerate bullying at any level, it ain't Saintly.

RedStripe25/02/2011, 02:59 PM
    Sell

Beddytare25/02/2011, 06:43 PM
    He has talent, but was not happy here, it was reported that he started to bully Oxo when he realised that he was getting preference, other players were said to have sided with Oxo, hence the animosity and lack of effort from Punchy. Yes I know it is only rumour, but was from a normally reliable source, I cannot tolerate bullying at any level, it ain't Saintly.

Yes I heard the rumours as well........From my sources it wasn't so much he was bullying Chamberlain he seemed to take it in his head to try and coach him..... which at times seemed to clash with the actual trainers advice. Some of the players said that he should let the lad alone to do his own thing. Also he kept on moaning that the lad wasn't passing to him during training as the lad was trying different things. So it seemed to breed a bad atmosphere between him and the other players. It would seem he complained about this to the manager who ever it was at the time, on several occasions. The rest I believe is history, it is a shame for on his day he was a good player. Those days were not that many in my view and especially at St Mary's.
    Not sure I would classify that as bullying although in this day and age I'm unsure of a lot of these things these day's......

Matt-SFC25/02/2011, 07:25 PM
    Definitely sell him in my opinion.

He started off ok and looked to be quite promising but hasn't done it this season for us and yet he has for Millwall and Blackpool. That suggests it is more off an attitude problem than ability and we certainly don't need a player with a bad attitude in our team. If we're trying to create a team to get us into the premiership then we need a great team spirit and everyone to have a great attitude and Puncheon would damage this