Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Eagles joins Bolton

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...066497,00.html

As I said last week he would of been a great buying IMO and I bet he's gone for very little spondoolies. As I said before his mum was the nurse who looked after me when I had my recent ankle op late June and she said his agent was looking to get him move to the Premiership. I wish we would of went for him but she did also say that his new wife really didn't like London so he'd stay up north.

£3m for him and Mears is good business by Bolton.

Comment

Jesus. To think he's 10x the player Routledge is and he's probably gone for the same price.

Comment

Just as the Danny Graham and Brendan Rodgers scenario...Owen Coyle and those two.

I only wish Neil had managed some really top drawer players, other than Kenny in recent years.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
          Jesus. To think he's 10x the player Routledge is and he's probably gone for the same price.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
            Just as the Danny Graham and Brendan Rodgers scenario...Owen Coyle and those two.

I only wish Neil had managed some really top drawer players, other than Kenny in recent years.
            I know where your coming from mate but I have to totally disagree.

I also don't go with Graham wanting to play under his old manager. There was never 3.5m pounds in the kitty to buy Graham so just paper talk imo and the same goes for Walters. Back the manager with money thats the only way to bring in real class
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

I also don't go with Graham wanting to play under his old manager. There was never 3.5m pounds in the kitty to buy Graham so just paper talk imo and the same goes for Walters. Back the manager with money thats the only way to bring in real class
              Changing the subject slightly at the mention of Waters: I'd never heard of the geeza when Warnock was trying to get him, but when Warnock said he was working 16 hour days tryna get his man I thought "hang on he's gotta be half good" and since he's been at Stoke I've seen why Neil wanted hmi so bad! Shame we missed out on him hes a great player!

Comment

Personally I think wages are the issue....in fact Warnock has said so himself. Should we paying big wages? I think our 20-25k limit is reasonable. Problem is you can't attract real quality with those wages

Comment

Don't rate him.
                  http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Have you not seen the interview with Graham where he stated he signed because of Brendan Rogers. He even turned down WBA because he wanted to play for Rogers instead.

Comment

10 times the player... Utter tripe. So good he's been playing for burnley in the championship. 3m is a good deal as tyrone mears is a good player. Eagles is pansy

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                        10 times the player... Utter tripe. So good he's been playing for burnley in the championship. 3m is a good deal as tyrone mears is a good player. Eagles is pansy
                        Exactly. Massive ego as well, from what I hear. Not facts, just what I have heard.
                        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                          Exactly. Massive ego as well, from what I hear. Not facts, just what I have heard.
                          Nicknamed the hairdresser by the Burnley faithful. Strange signing for Bolton as often not part of the first team under Coyle - regularly used as a sub but a squad game so Bolton just strengthing since the loss of other attacking players namely Taylor, Sturridge and Elmander.

Mears was arguably Burnley's best player in the Premiership and played in every match so as a package Coyle will feel he has got a very good deal - both out of contract next summer so Howe cashing in whilst he had the chance.

Comment

He got taken off against us at home cause he had a tantrum..... I know we also have a toddler in the team but he's worth 10m

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                              Personally I think wages are the issue....in fact Warnock has said so himself. Should we paying big wages? I think our 20-25k limit is reasonable. Problem is you can't attract real quality with those wages
                              If thats the case then fair enough, i personlly am not im favor of chucking huge wages around, cant help but think we would end up like Pompey if we do.

Comment

Working...
                              X