No announcement yet.

BECKFORD (yet again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the incident during the season when he elbowed the keeper in the face but other than that is he a dirty player? Does he have an attitude problem?

I really don't know much about him as a person so is there a reason why clubs aren't queuing out the door for his signature???

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
      I saw the incident during the season when he elbowed the keeper in the face but other than that is he a dirty player? Does he have an attitude problem?

I really don't know much about him as a person so is there a reason why clubs aren't queuing out the door for his signature???
      That incident was disgusting SPC, but Shearer was allowed to get away with that his whole career.

You only have to watch the videos to see how good his movement is and the way he scores all types of goals...long and short range lobs, screamers with both feet, volleys, headers and even tap in which shows he has the ability to make runs into the box.

He's also got a knack of arriving late in the box and attacking the ball better than most strikers in the CCC.

Maybe many feel his attitude is too much of a risk, but I'd take the gamble as I'm very confident he is more than able to score 20+ goals in this league.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
        That incident was disgusting SPC, but Shearer was allowed to get away with that his whole career.

You only have to watch the videos to see how good his movement is and the way he scores all types of goals...long and short range lobs, screamers with both feet, volleys, headers and even tap in which shows he has the ability to make runs into the box.

He's also got a knack of arriving late in the box and attacking the ball better than most strikers in the CCC.

Maybe many feel his attitude is too much of a risk, but I'd take the gamble as I'm very confident he is more than able to score 20+ goals in this league.
        I think our squad could do with someone like Beckford not just because of his ability but because if he does have an attitude it might put a few noses out of joint and get the squad fired up. There is far too much nicey nicey going on and a Beckford type might get others to pull their socks up.

Comment

The problem, I suspect, is purely that we don't want to spend the kind of money Leeds would ask.

Am actually a bit more confident about the striker situation that I was a week or so ago. At the moment a lot of clubs/ players seem to be holding out for unrealistic amounts but as the season approaches I wonder if a bit more realism might set in, even with Leroy Lita. As for Beckford we cd say to Leeds "have Mahon and Agyman and also take Balanta on a season's long loan and we'll also throw you a few hundred thousand" - they might be more receptive than we think.

Final point: don't want to sound too PC but why is it whenever a black player in mentioned somebody mentions the A Word, attitude. Am sure there are plenty of black players who large it up, just as there are quite a few white players who do the same. But unless someone knows something specific about a player's behaviour think they should be careful about generalising.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post

Well said that man - exactly the point I'm trying to make.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              The problem, I suspect, is purely that we don't want to spend the kind of money Leeds would ask.

Am actually a bit more confident about the striker situation that I was a week or so ago. At the moment a lot of clubs/ players seem to be holding out for unrealistic amounts but as the season approaches I wonder if a bit more realism might set in, even with Leroy Lita. As for Beckford we cd say to Leeds "have Mahon and Agyman and also take Balanta on a season's long loan and we'll also throw you a few hundred thousand" - they might be more receptive than we think.

Final point: don't want to sound too PC but why is it whenever a black player in mentioned somebody mentions the A Word, attitude. Am sure there are plenty of black players who large it up, just as there are quite a few white players who do the same. But unless someone knows something specific about a player's behaviour think they should be careful about generalising.
              Regarding your first line,the point I was trying to make in an earlier thread is that there is a stand-off between Bates and Beckford over an improved contract hence Beckford's transfer request.As he's only got 11 months left on his present terms,a bid of around £1m (possibly less) might be enough - Bates isn't going to get the £3m he wants when Beckford will be a free agent next season.And he's a Shepherds Bush boy who wants to play for a top half Championship club.FFS what are we waiting for,and I've emailed FB,AB and JM to this effect today.

Comment

Hey now we've just paid 3.5m for a midfielder maybe the problem with Beckford is he is too cheap!!!!

Comment

Buy him 15 mill,splash the cash.lovely jubbly
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

I only asked because I've read many times that both Lita and Beckford have attitude problems but nobody has ever backed this up with hard evidence. I've never met either of them, I've no reason to believe they are/aren't arrogant but one thing I know is they both would be better than what we already have and would love to have them at the club.

Comment

Agree Sir Pie - don't worry that remark was not aimed at you, know you are not like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X