Owners. Who cares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owners. Who cares?

Dunno if I'm off message but in nigh on 40 yrs of following Rs I have never really cared/bothered about the owners/directors of the club.
    I've seen the Guiness affair, all manner of comings/goings through the Bulstrode, Thompson, Wright periods plus share issues. Then really gnarly times with adminsitration and ABC loans blah blah blah. I won't even start on the Gianni times that more or less continue today.
    My view is they come and they go but the club goes on. All the doom and gloom about assett stripping or milking the club ebbs and flows too.
    I have always firmly believed that the Rs will be here far longer than any owner will be and, despite all the supposed board-room turmoil over 2/3 decades lo and behold here we still are (and in the prem!).
    Fair play to anyone who has the capacity to follow and understand things like todays "coded message" - I just read it, scratch my head and move on - I don't waste time wondering if it's good or bad and this is the approach I have with all things that go on "upstairs".
    I have no idea if I'm a lone little innocent with his head in the sand or if there are 25000 other like-minded Rs out there. One thing though, following the Rs means there plenty enough pitch-level things to fret about..... angsting about the corporate/PLC side is just too much - life's too short in my book!

Funnily enough, I read the statement on the offy, couldn't make head nor tail of it, and thought, fook it!
    Went back to reading that new QPR book highlighting last season, and gazed adoringly every so often at my 2011/12 season ticket.

God knows, I've stressed myself out often enough over the antics of the clowns in the boardroom, and I dare say, I'll stress myself out some more in the near future, but for now, they can screw themselves silly as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

As long as they buy the players we need i don't really care who owns us.

It's the commitment to the club that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by PedalR View Post
        Dunno if I'm off message but in nigh on 40 yrs of following Rs I have never really cared/bothered about the owners/directors of the club.
        I've seen the Guiness affair, all manner of comings/goings through the Bulstrode, Thompson, Wright periods plus share issues. Then really gnarly times with adminsitration and ABC loans blah blah blah. I won't even start on the Gianni times that more or less continue today.
        My view is they come and they go but the club goes on. All the doom and gloom about assett stripping or milking the club ebbs and flows too.
        I have always firmly believed that the Rs will be here far longer than any owner will be and, despite all the supposed board-room turmoil over 2/3 decades lo and behold here we still are (and in the prem!).
        Fair play to anyone who has the capacity to follow and understand things like todays "coded message" - I just read it, scratch my head and move on - I don't waste time wondering if it's good or bad and this is the approach I have with all things that go on "upstairs".
        I have no idea if I'm a lone little innocent with his head in the sand or if there are 25000 other like-minded Rs out there. One thing though, following the Rs means there plenty enough pitch-level things to fret about..... angsting about the corporate/PLC side is just too much - life's too short in my book!

except this bit, ffs mate you get enough jerks coming out with this sort of tripe just because you, like me, don't see what's to be gained by making the club your whole life without you laying that nonsense at your own door

what i do know is for every minute i could spend wondering and worrying about matters i can't influence or control i'm doing other sh1t instead

or having fun as some radicals call it

I don't care about morals 'cause the world's insane and we're all to blame anyway

Comment

Originally posted by hitty View Post
          Our club will fail, with that fit and proper rule owner thing, so calm down and keep it shut
          now that's the kind of insight we should all strive to possess !

call the asylum, they need to do a head count
          I don't care about morals 'cause the world's insane and we're all to blame anyway

Comment

Originally posted by hitty View Post
            Our club will fail, with that fit and proper rule owner thing, so calm down and keep it shut
            aew you a wind up or are you 10?

everyone of your posts has to be deciphered and generally full of crap?

are you davesviews alter ego?

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
              As long as they buy the players we need i don't really care who owns us.

It's the commitment to the club that matters.
              Portsmouth fans and Birmingham fans, used say say ******** like that.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                the difference is these two clowns will fc uk us without spending any dough.
                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                  What i mean is i don't care if they are Indian,Russian,English or so on.Just as long as they are committed to the club.So called 'fans' have owned us in the past and have been w@nkers.

Comment

Working...
                  X