Southampton want £1m for Puncheon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southampton want £1m for Puncheon

according to Talksport's website at 3.21 this afternoon.

Quote:

QPR will have to part with £1m cash to land Southampton midfielder Jason Puncheon.

Puncheon does not feature in Nigel Adkins’ plans and was thought be available for a fee of around £400,000 but the south coast club have now decided to demand more for the 27-year-old.

Neil Warnock offered centre-back Kaspars Gorkss plus cash for the versatile player, who had spells at Millwall and Blackpool last season, but was rebuffed as Saints hold out for a large, cash-only sale.

Millwall and West Ham have also been linked with the former Plymouth man but neither will want to part with a seven-figure sum for a player deemed surplus to requirements at his own club.

Thats him unlinked then.

Comment

I'm glad and I hope we don't go back for him again. In Warnock We Trust but for me not this one please
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Gorkss is worth around £2.5 - £3m imo,so are Southampton going to give us Puncheon + £2m???

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
          Gorkss is worth around £2.5 - £3m imo,so are Southampton going to give us Puncheon + £2m???
          I don't believe we ever offered Gorkss in exchange - like you say his value is well above his. Also Kas is on I Player interview saying how he is ready for the challenges of the EPL. There are enough other centre backs at the club to chose from to do that interview if KG is not in the plans surely?
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

How can warnock have offered Gorkss if they are in Italy?
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Thats us blown out the water then..

Comment

That tears that then. Can't say I'm devastated. Oh, and the very best of luck to Saints if they think they will get a million for him. If they needed a centre back they aren't going to get better than the man who marshalled the meanest defence in the country in a division above where they were playing last season. If we offered any cash at all plus Gorksy they should have bitten our hands off!

Comment

They'll be stuck with him;
                  serves them right. Better ways of blowing a million

Comment

I think Gorkss has a big part to play for us next season.

As for Jason Puncheon ha ha ha what a joke, I can't believe we are even considering him as he is a league 1 player at best. In a way I cam glad Southampton demanded £1m for him as that takes him straight off our radar.

Comment

they

they probably dont want to lose him,a bit like us and adel really why would we want to sell adel for,he will be worth much more to us if he could knuckle down to the job in hand
                      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                        How can warnock have offered Gorkss if they are in Italy?
                        Telephone? Fax? Email? Message via carrier pigeon?
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Cant say ive seen Puncheon play much, but purely going by stats (I udnerstand these arent always a true reflection) but last year he scored 5 in 7 for Millwall and 3 in 11 for Blackpool which isnt a bad record at all.

I do hope we dont lose Gorkss, whether hes a starter or not next season I think he is a key player for us and losing him would be a blow.

Comment

In The Sun today that we have offered Gorkks plus £500k for Puncheon.

I know it's The Sun but if that's true it's madness. If anything it should be us getting the £500k.

Ps I didn't buy The Sun, it was on SSN!
                            1st Game - QPR v Wolverhampton Wanderers on Tuesday 30th October 1979

www.twitter.com/ppledgerQPR

Comment

Originally posted by Hoops View Post
                              In The Sun today that we have offered Gorkks plus £500k for Puncheon.

I know it's The Sun but if that's true it's madness. If anything it should be us getting the £500k.

Ps I didn't buy The Sun, it was on SSN!
                              Shite deal for us financially IF true.... For starters, Soton were quoted as wanting 400k for him werent they? So how on earth have they managed to blag a defender that was at the heart of the best defence outside of the PL last year (in current market surely worth at least £2mill?) PLUS 500k?! Hope this story is nonsense like most printed in the Sun are!

Comment

Working...
                              X