Alexei Mordashov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexei Mordashov

OK this is the Russian oligarch mentioned in The Independent as supposedly interested in buying us. He is the 64th richest man in the world according to the Forbes List. He is also in steel, which explains the Mittel connection. Owns sports teams and is a philanthropist (no more needy charity than QPR right now, ho ho). Less promisingly he went to uni in Newcastle where, it says, he became a Newcastle fan. If you are worth £18bn wouldn't you just buy the club you actually support? That said, I've given up trying to understand these billionares...

Alexei MordashovFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search
    Alexey Mordashov
    Born 26 September 1965 (1965-09-26) (age 45)
    Cherepovets, Russia
    Occupation CEO
    Net worth $18.5 billion
    Spouse divorced and remarried
    Children five

Alexey Mordashov (Mordashóv) was born on 26 September 1965 in Cherepovets, Vologda Oblast. He is a Russian business oligarch and self-made billionaire. He is the main shareholder and the CEO of Severstal, one of Russia's largest steel and mining companies. Mordashov has an estimated US$ 18.5 billion fortune according to the US business magazine Forbes.[1]

Contents [hide]
    1 Education
    2 Career
    3 Severstal
    4 Philanthropy
    5 See also
    6 References
    7 External links

[edit] EducationMordashov is a graduate of the Leningrad Engineering-Economical Institute, currently known as ENGECON. After graduation he joined Cherepovetskiy Metallurgical Plant in 1988 as an economist. He later gained an MBA from Northumbria University in Newcastle upon Tyne in 2001. During his time in Newcastle he attended most Newcastle United football games that were played in the city and became a follower of the club.

[edit] CareerHe began his career as the finance director of a steel mill, later buying most of the company's shares himself and became general director. He built a conglomerate, Severstal, acquiring steel, coal and mining companies.

[edit] SeverstalОАО Severstal is one of the world’s largest vertically integrated steel and mining companies. With assets in Russia and other CIS countries, USA, Europe and Africa, Severstal reported revenue of $13,573 million and EBITDA of $3,263 million in 2010. Severstal’s crude steel production in 2010 reached 14.7 million tonnes. Severstal also produced 589 koz of gold at its gold mining assets in West Africa, Kazakhstan and Russia. The сompany is listed on RTS and MICEX, the сompany’s GDRs are traded on LSE.

Severstal's operations employ over 84,000 people.

[edit] PhilanthropyBoth individually and through Severstal, Alexei Mordashov is involved in a wide range of philanthropic and charitable enterprises.

Through Severstal: Sponsor of the Bolshoi Theatre; sponsor of the Mariinsky Theatre; sponsor of the Tretyakov Gallery; sponsor of the Russian Museum; sponsor of the Museum of Frescoes by Dionisius; sponsor of the Sergei Andriaka Watercolour School; sponsor of the Moscow International Film Festival; sponsor of the Road Back Home charity for homeless children; sponsor of the "Severstal Cherepovets" super-league ice-hockey team; sponsor of the Dynamo (Moscow) Women’s Volleyball Club; sponsor of the Russian national male chess team; sponsor of over 20 Russian sports facilities including sports stadiums, ice rings, heated football fields and athletic centres.

As an individual: Bolshoi Theatre Charity Board; council for the restoration of the Valaam Monastery.

[edit] See alsoList of billionaires
    [edit] References
    Last edited by stainrodisalegend; 23-07-2011, 09:31 AM.

Connection with Mittal - Steel

Comment

Thanks for putting that page up.
      No matter how much I contort myself, can't see this at all.
      The Newcastle connection; how does that tie in with QPR? Yes he is in steel like Mittal; can't see how that ties in either. If Mittal wants to buy why does he need another steel magnate to hold his hand? Either of them could use their loose change to get us.
      Two of the three West London clubs owned by Russian billionaires? It's the stuff of science fiction.

Comment

Jeez, he's 5 years younger than me and rolling in it.
        Where the hell did I go wrong in life??
        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Working...
        X