Taarabt deal off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taarabt deal off

According to Talk Sport this morning the Taarabt deal to PSG is off!!

Where does this leave Flavio!!

Tangoed

Comment

At least (if true) we can be thankful that he's such a lousy negotiator.
      Maybe he'll let Warnock take over the reins for players coming in now and we might manage to bag a few before they're all gone!

Comment

What about the Malaga bid, if that was real?
        Queens Park Rangers
        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Interesting. Are we a more saleable asset now?

How lovely would it be if we were to keep Adel, get this take-over and buy some much needed quality.

Yep...I'm back!!!
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Maybe Adel knows something about this takeover and can see more money.
            Queens Park Rangers

Comment

I really think this would be cause a massive problem for NW. He now seems to love Kieron Dyer and I am sure if he is fit, he will want to play him and he has been playing him in 'Taarabts' role, behind the striker and Faurlin looks set to be captain. Add to that I don't think many of the players like him for what ever reason and IMO, things will get messy, as I don't think they will accept what they had to last season. Taarabt was superb for us last year and I am sure we would not have been promoted as Champions without him (as well as Kenny, Hill, Derry, Mackie etc), but now is the time for him to move on.
              Last edited by paulmason; 22-07-2011, 08:49 AM.

Comment

I'd rather have him in the squad than gone and no money to replace him.
                The other players will come round once it kicks off.

Comment

Not a massive problem at all. Do you think he really 'loves' Dyer, or is just talking him up to soften the blow to us if (when) Adel leaves. Yes, Adel sulks, yes he thinks that he should be somewhere **better**, but when he can be bothered, like he was for 80% of the season, he is our match winner.

Coventry at home tlast season always comes to mind, He sulked his way through the first half and then won the game with two moments of pure quality. Yes, Kenny was fantastic and earned points for us last year, which is why he was PoTS, but do not underestimate just what Taarabt meant to the team last year - he really was the difference that got us up last year over the whole season.

If Taarabt stays and Warnock can get him back into the fold, things will improve.

'Massive Problem' - never!

Still think he'll go though...

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                    I really think this would be cause a massive problem for NW. He now seems to love Kieron Dyer and I am sure if he is fit, he will want to play him and he has been playing him in 'Taarabts' role, behind the striker and Faurlin looks set to be captain. Add to that I don't think many of the players like him for what ever reason and IMO, things will get messy, as I don't think they will accept what they had to last season. Taarabt was superb for us last year and I am sure we would not have been promoted as Champions without him (as well as Kenny, Hill, Derry, Mackie etc), but now is the time for him to move on.
                    Agree with what you are saying but if only we could keep him til January, this supposed takeover looks likely to be too late to get new players in so we may have to cope until then without getting some new players. All I'm saying is better with than without him, at least until Jan.
                    Queens Park Rangers

Comment

If Talk Shoite are saying its broken down, it probably means he has signed!

I hope they are right though, especially as NW will apparently not get any of the proceeds to invest in the squad.

Comment

well.. even if that deal is off we still have a month n bit til window closes.
                        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                        Lovejoy: "No?!"
                        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Warnock loves Dyer, calls him a 'jewel' but has said getting anything more than 6 months out of him will be a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                            Agree with most of what you say Paul, though I can see Dyer and Adel in the same team.
                            And the truth it, we are a better side with Adel than without, so if he stays I have no problem and trust Neil to iron out any potential changing room problems.

Comment

Sound plausable, I had heard that the figures quoted in the press were totally exadurated and the figure proposed by PSG was more like 8m.

Hopefully no other bids come in and Warnock can get Adel up for the first half of the season. If he can and Taarabt does the business in the Premiership everyone wins. We get the first half of the season with Taarabt and hopefully that will go a long way to keeping us up and Adel get's his big move in January (hopefully for a bigger fee).

Comment

Working...
                              X