No Bullard either

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Bullard either

Queens Park Rangers have apparently cooled their interest in Hull City’s record signing Jimmy Bullard due to not being prepared to match or beat the current deal the player is on with Hull.

Bullard, Hull’s record signing, is half way through his current contract at the KC Stadium with two and a half years still to run. QPR had been hoping to sign Bullard on a season long loan but were not prepared to pay in full for the duration of the loan, Bullard’s lucrative salary.

It is now thought, that Neil Warnock is no longer prepared to proceed any further with negotiations and is already on the look out for new targets.

Nigel Pearson the Hull manager when questioned by BBC Radio Humberside about Bullard’s future said:

“There’s nothing to add at this point. This conversation is going nowhere so we’ll leave it at that.”

Hull are desperate to jettison Bullard from their payroll and are now paying the price for the folly and lack of financial constraint demonstrated at the club when they attained Premier League status.

But with Ipswich also pulling out of the hunt for Bullard alongside QPR, it looks like Hull are stuck with their highest earner, at least for this season anyway.

45k a week. Not surprised really. I will be amazed if anyone offers him that.

Comment

Also seems to be in a bit of bother. Maybe this is the way for them to get him off their books.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-incident.html

Comment

Posted as another dig at the club - but it is quite the opposite............who in their right mind would lay out 45 + large ones a week for Bullard!
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

As I said, it was always going to be Dyer or Bullard and we went for the cheaper option, which I think will prove to be a master stroke from NW and after we signed Bothroyd, with Webber was training for us, it was going to be Webber or DJ and again we will go down the cheap route.

Comment

Hull will capitulate at some point. If not before, he'll go to another Championship club on deadline day with Dull paying a portion of those wages.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
              Posted as another dig at the club - but it is quite the opposite............who in their right mind would lay out 45 + large ones a week for Bullard!
              Blue hoop u r a good poster but how do you know my intention when posting. I was just passing on a qpr story I found - it wd have given me much more pleasure to pass on a positive story. For the record in this particular case I also don't blame the club for baulking at 45k a week, tho' do find it odd he was being touted as a "done deal" when clearly this was always going 2b a massive stumbling block.

Comment

If we are keeping AT, having Bullard on his inflated wages seems like a luxury we clearly cannot afford/will not pay, especially, as has been pointed out we now have Dyer. If there is any money around to go on wages and/or loans I'd be quite happy if it was directed elsewhere.

Comment

Hull must be crackers offering a player that amount of money on such a long contract! Surely they knew they were gonna be relegation favs!

Comment

Originally posted by Wrighty View Post
                    Hull must be crackers offering a player that amount of money on such a long contract! Surely they knew they were gonna be relegation favs!
                    Yet some people are saying Taarabt should get a big pay rise to stop him leaving ?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      Blue hoop u r a good poster but how do you know my intention when posting. I was just passing on a qpr story I found - it wd have given me much more pleasure to pass on a positive story. For the record in this particular case I also don't blame the club for baulking at 45k a week, tho' do find it odd he was being touted as a "done deal" when clearly this was always going 2b a massive stumbling block.
                      Perhaps my choice of words made it a personal dig, which was not my intention but there is only going to be one type of reaction to this kind of thread - the usual suspects with the usual jibes whereas perhaps it could be seen as a tiny bit positive with a "good news" angle like we are not throwing £1m plus at Bullard?

My problem is all we see here right now is the negative, we all (including those of us trying to stay upbeat for one reason or another) feel thoroughly hacked off whith what's going on and even my mood is becoming despondent - hence why I probably posted the way I did - sorry about that, no offence intended toward you
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                        Perhaps my choice of words made it a personal dig, which was not my intention but there is only going to be one type of reaction to this kind of thread - the usual suspects with the usual jibes whereas perhaps it could be seen as a tiny bit positive with a "good news" angle like we are not throwing £1m plus at Bullard?

My problem is all we see here right now is the negative, we all (including those of us trying to stay upbeat for one reason or another) feel thoroughly hacked off whith what's going on and even my mood is becoming despondent - hence why I probably posted the way I did - sorry about that, no offence intended toward you
                        No problems mate. We all want the best for the club.

Comment

I like Bullard, I think he's a great character and a very good footballer but £45k a week would have been ridiculous for someone with his injury record. If Dyer plays he gets paid if he doesn't he doesn't. With Bullard, he could break down after 5 mins and earn himself almost £2.5m for doing nothing. I'd rather spend that £2.5m on some loan fees for good quality (fit) youngsters. Surely the top 6 clubs have a few gems who need Premiership football.

Comment

They do sir pie and Naughton was a gem but we have no 2.5m to spend, we don't even have 250k
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                              I like Bullard, I think he's a great character and a very good footballer but £45k a week would have been ridiculous for someone with his injury record. If Dyer plays he gets paid if he doesn't he doesn't. With Bullard, he could break down after 5 mins and earn himself almost £2.5m for doing nothing. I'd rather spend that £2.5m on some loan fees for good quality (fit) youngsters. Surely the top 6 clubs have a few gems who need Premiership football.
                              i would imagine dyer will be on a small basic weekly salary and then add ons if he plays etc..he WONT be playing/training for gratis thats for sure!!

Comment

Working...
                              X