Faurlin favourite to be new club captain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faurlin favourite to be new club captain

Alejandro Faurlin captained the side for the third consecutive pre-season fixture, and Warnock explained:

"I thought about it and decided that I wanted to give it to the same person during pre-season. I have told him that it is nothing definite yet, I will have a look at it during pre-season and see how it goes. Do I think he's captain material? Well, I wouldn't have given it to him if I didn't!"

http://www.qpr.co.uk/articles/201107...7858~1,00.html

If Adel stays then consider his dummy spat out if he's not captain :-)

Comment

Good, he's the best player at this football club.

Could argue it should be Hill or Derry but like with Taarabt it's all about confidence and you don't have to have an armband to be a leader
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Ali is a great candidate IMO.

Comment

I expect he's chosen him as he knows he will be a regular in the prem regardless of any possible signings. Derry is the obvious leader, but there are doubts if he could do it in the prem so if anyone came in for that position, he may not play, same for Hill.

Comment

Kenny deserves it.
            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
              Ali is a great candidate IMO.
              100% agreed. If he can play as well as he did whilst under the pressure of the FA hearing he'll cope with the stresses of captaincy.

Comment

I'd give it to Hall, big season for him i think.

Comment

This is good news. Either Faurlin or Hall or Kenny. I want Faurlin to have it though as I reckon he will be massive for us this season. And then be sold instantly in January :/

Comment

If Faurlin is made captain, someone better tell the FA. !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                      Alejandro Faurlin captained the side for the third consecutive pre-season fixture, and Warnock explained:

"I thought about it and decided that I wanted to give it to the same person during pre-season. I have told him that it is nothing definite yet, I will have a look at it during pre-season and see how it goes. Do I think he's captain material? Well, I wouldn't have given it to him if I didn't!"

http://www.qpr.co.uk/articles/201107...7858~1,00.html
                      I'd be happy with this, he is defo a leader on the pitch, his commitment to the team is second to none!

Comment

I think Halls too injury prone to be captain Paddy or Ali are good choices but i personally thought it would be Derry
                        All those that believe in telekinesis raise my hand

Comment

Originally posted by LoveRs View Post
                          I think Halls too injury prone to be captain Paddy or Ali are good choices but i personally thought it would be Derry
                          Suspect the reasoning is that Ali is likely to play more than Derry, and an outfield player is preferable to a GK.

Comment

Faurlin, Derry, Hall or even Kenny would be good captains.
                            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                              I'd give it to Hall, big season for him i think.
                              what about the other 36 games?

Comment

Working...
                              X