Brief report from Borehamwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brief report from Borehamwood

As expected, it was pretty much all the youngsters playing today. I thought Rowly and Cook may get a game, even the Pelican - but none of them were to be seen.

I was looking forward to seeing Mo Sharif (who i saw against Borehamwood last year and looked good) and also Andrade on the other wing.

We started quite brightly against a physical looking Borehamwood side, and Andrade was making a few nice runs down the left, one which eventually lead to a penalty.

Anyway, out of nowhere our number 7 (Brad Simmonds, or someone) came forward and rifled in an unstoppable bullet into the top corner from about 35 to 40 yards. Was an absoloute screamer. We were on top of the game, and Adndrade made a nice run into the box and was brought down, which resulted in a penalty - put away by German.

Borehamwood did get a goal back towards the end of the half when they improved, and Bircham didnt look happy with the defending. Our left back in particular looked pretty crap from what I saw.

The second half, Borehamwood had a lot more possesion and looked more of a threat than us. We looked poor and shaky, and Andrade was not getting on the ball at all. Our number 4 (ginger guy) looked pretty good, and Sharif looked dangerous but apart from that, nobody really stood out at all. Borehamwood were making most of the chances now, and if it wasnt for some shambolic finishing, they would have been level, or even ahead.
    Some of their shooting made Leon Clarke look like Pele.

They were having all of the bal, and Bircham was screaming at us to keep possesion. Towards the end of the game, we crossed the ball in from the right (probably our first cross ofthe half) and the sub scored a nice diving header (cant remember his name, but number 14).

Anyway, a good 3 - 1 win from a young side and apparently we are linked with the hot dog seller there, who headed the ball back from the crowd in a straight line. Should be snapped up by next week -

Their left back, and their number 15 were great for them - not a bad side at all

thanks for the report, always good to hear how the youngsters do

Comment

Working...
    X