Owners expectations for next season ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owners expectations for next season ?

Any idea,mid table position,survival,relagation but with a battle(like blackpool)or anything else?.Will NW given the fact he has been given no money(so far) be given time to adjust to the premier league should we lose our first 4 or 5 games or will our owners expect a decent start.Im aware that nearly everyone on this board would snatch 17th position if offered here and now but would that be enough for our owners.By the way this is simply a question im throwing out there before the ''fff we are in the premiership,or ffs its only july''gang have a go

have a feeling Flavio wants to replace Warnock by Oct/Nov, so that he can get an italian manager he can bully in. He might give the new manager funds in January. I realize it's negative, but sorry, it's my opinion.

Comment

I dont want to think that way,but I still have this feeling that Warnock is under lot of pressure . Do I need to say more really?

But, hell. I want him so much to do well and show them(Bernie and Flavio) what he is made of.
      None of us really dont know whether he is premiership manager or not, but I would like Warnock to show the posh-people in the press etc that fotball is not all about money after all. Look to the best parts of Blackpools play, Charlie Adam ran their show for large parts of the season but given Buzcaky, Dyer,Jay,Makie and our Argentinian ace can instill the same fighting spirit who know were we will end?

PS. I still sincerly hope that a few signings will happen. We need 4 at least,but it could happen Bernie and company will help him out with a few new players if we are underperforming come sept,oct.

But my bottomline is that the owners wants Warnock out. In the long run, Neilīs only hope is a takeover.
      At the moment he is a caretaker,grrrrrrr
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

I’ve no idea Rebel.

I assume that just like a player, the value of a club can rise and fall dramatically and with it the expectations will depend on what game the owners want to take. Sell now and risk losing out on potential future revenue or hold on and see the value of the club potentially plummet. Take Andy Carroll for instance, 18 months ago he could have been bought for Ģ1m and I believe he was even offered to us for that sum. A year ago before Newcastle started that Premiership campaign his value was around Ģ6-Ģ8m but at the time very few teams would have parted with that sort of money because he had no record to speak of at the top level. He may have been worth more than that estimation, as Taraabt is, but a few months later he suddenly became worth Ģ35m after he ‘proved’ himself at that level. I believe we are no different. Right now we are worth more than we were 6 months ago but in 6 months time who knows what our price might be. We could potentially lose our first few matches and look destined for relegation very early on and with this prospective buyer’s will value us less. Of course there will be revenue coming into the club from Sky, sponsorship and the rest which increases the value of the club but if the team look likely to be relegated then the valuation drops. A house with subsidence may have fancy fixtures and fittings but if it’s falling into the ground then who cares what those fittings look like. If we look okay and are punching above our weight then the valuation may stay pretty much the same until safety is assured and which point the valuation will increase. FB and BE have to decide whether now is the right time to cash in on QPR and if so that will determine what their expectations are. If they want to sell a Premiership club they’ll get more money then if they sell a team heading for relegation. The prize money for finishing in the Premiership is far far more than winning the Championship so if we look likely to survive our first year in the Premiership the increase in revenue increases the valuation of the club and may provide FB and BE a reason to hold on to it. But as we all know to increase our chance of survivals the squad needs improving. If they want to protect their asset they should improve it.

As I said I really have no idea what there expectations are. Sadly I don’t think they care about the playing side and only care about money but soon they will have to realise the two are linked.

Comment

Owners expectations?
          This is exactly the problem. They deem us too unimportant to inform us of their plans. This obviously creates the extreme speculation that we read on the forums. From one end of the scale 'they're bleeding us dry, taking all the money, shutting down the club, developing stadium land for flats' to the other end, 'don't believe the 1.2m budget, they will give NW Ģ20 million next week and we'll also decide to keep Tarbs'.
          We just don't know, it's anyone guess, and we are just petty little bystanders.

They really think that this is their toy to play with, and it's none of our business what they do with it.

Comment

I wonder whether they just want to squeeze through this year, we get to the end of this year we have 14-17 big wage contracts ending will free up a lot of cash plus the additional sky money for another year in prem (plus an additional 3 yr parachute money) this will enable us to go out and buy the right players on the proper contracts for the level we are at.
            the other scenario ive been thinking is that they may well be happy with controlled re;legation (in terms of controlling wage bill) cos we go down with the parachute money and the termination of above mentioned contracts we can come again and go for promotion having seen the formulae we need , thus coming back stronger then before and more ready from a financial perspective to compete in premier league, but again massive risk as we all know how hard to escape the premier league

Comment

Owners expectations?
              Like all billionaires they expect ALL their business interests to increase in value; if not they kick ass and shout "Next!".
              QPR occupies ad much of Bernie's attention as the weather in Mongolia; certainly nowhere near the furniture in his daughters' mansions.
              Some owners pretend to care about what the fans want; ours are more honest than that.

Comment

Grrrr!
                That was my third attempt to post on here!
                Bloody hard work and the worst one too!
                Sorry for rant!
                Grrrr!

Comment

I think where fans go wrong is assuming that the board spend as many hours anguishing about it as they do. In so far as the board do consider it my hunch is they think that due to their re-branding exercise and canny dealing they can show to other owners that you can somehow defy the laws of gravity and stay up without spending seriously - and when they do decide to take a look at the club at some point further into the season they still won't change this view fundamentally. They will almost certainly blame Warnock rather than themselves for our pending relegation. Like everyone else I can only speculate, but this seems to fit in most with what we have seen so far.

Comment

agee to a certain point stainrod, but if they have any intention of selling they must have thought best way to get value so have to think about it . unless they have no intention of selling and dont want to financially cripple the club which maybe not a bad strategy

Comment

Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
                      have a feeling Flavio wants to replace Warnock by Oct/Nov, so that he can get an italian manager he can bully in. He might give the new manager funds in January. I realize it's negative, but sorry, it's my opinion.
                      thats what im abit curious about.. flavio legally cant do anything to neils team.. the only thing he can do is sack neil for poor results.
                      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                      Lovejoy: "No?!"
                      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

im sure i posted on this thread but its gone!!!!!!////// WTF///
                        LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
                          im sure i posted on this thread but its gone!!!!!!////// WTF///
                          Board has been down allday

Comment

Working...
                          X