NOW is the real test for our board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOW is the real test for our board

Being very very shall we say "pro" our board. The new Premiership money has completely wiped out the debts that the club has. Rough maths. Safe to say re their loan payments and interest that they pay themselves etc means that QPR no longer costs them anything...we should basically be in the black with them taking a chunk of spondoola out...again all rough maths and all that but im pretty sure we're now a "free toy" at least . At the very least

So, outside of what they pay themselves (e.g. the interest on their version of the ABC loan) and with no debts. Adel is sold.

We have money in the bank.

Where is a proportion of that spent? If we suddenly become the least invested in team in Premiership history...e.g. if Neil gets zero to spend other than on wages.....well.....

now is the time to judge...we may not like our board but they got us here...but now is their test..will they pass?

I hope so..but i dont know

Completely?? I thought the working debt was around 50m cant see how all the debt has been wiped out with promotion, you still have wages to pay and bonuses to pay, interest on the debt.

Comment

Scott clearly failed Maths GCSE

Comment

Are you saying that we've already received Premiership money? I would have assumed we would receive money at the end of season when final placings are decided and Sky have calculated just how much we are owed due to how many times we've been shown. Not paid until shown in case game is cancelled because of weather.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
          Are you saying that we've already received Premiership money? I would have assumed we would receive money at the end of season when final placings are decided and Sky have calculated just how much we are owed due to how many times we've been shown. Not paid until shown in case game is cancelled because of weather.
          There is a initial amount payed on promotion, but people think its the whole 80m odd.
          Your right it all depends on tv coverage, also in that amount branded about is the three year parachute payment, which the league hangs onto and drip feeds clubs on relegation. They used to hand over the lump sum, but now pay it yearly as clubs were spending all three years in one season and getting in trouble.

Comment

It doesn't matter if we have had the money or not ! It is a given

Comment

Originally posted by singingranger View Post
              It doesn't matter if we have had the money or not ! It is a given
              Yes but if you've got debts to pay it's better to have the money now. Also what is believed to be the figure required to pay off said debts depends on where we finish - £800k per place in next years final standings - in other words Bolton missed out on £4m because they finished 14th instead of 9th because of results right at the end of the season. Plus if we are deemed a nothing fixture because we have become the whipping boys of the division we will feature less on TV than possibly anticipated. Makes a difference in the long term.

Comment

Working...
              X