Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taarabt Leaving

Cant blame the lad for leaving at all:

• Taarabt stated no longer than 3 weeks ago that he loved London. If he was to move he would prefer Arsenal or Chelsea, but if he didnt he would like to stay with QPR for Neil. 3 weeks on, a lot has changed !

• Our owners have shown zero ambition and Adel has seen this. I cant think of another player (possibly with the exception of Paddy Kenny), who deserved a pay rise for what he done last year. But he wasnt given one and he felt this was a slap in the face. My goodness, he played an enourmous part in gaining this club millions. He bloody deserved it.

• Our owners have shown zero backing to Neil these past few weeks. We are 25 odd days away from the Premier League and we havent spent a single PENNY. No ambition, no want for survival and Adel doesnt fancy the relegation scrap.

• PSG have owners who show ambition, they are a massive club and a club who often play Champions League football. I think it was a bonus for him that it would be closer to family but not the be all and end all for him.

What im trying to say is, I feel the QPR board could and should have done a lot more in trying to get him to stay. Both with transfer activity and wages.

Him and Routledge were probably behind 90% of our creativity last year and now they are both gone. We are going into a Premiership campaign with a severley weakened squad and a manager who is quoting that he has no backing and no money to spend. Im gutted and really pissed off again tonight with my club.
    www.twitter.com/steveheard82

cant disagree with any of that, the way i see it briatore and ecclestone have wanted nothing but the money they might gain by selling taarabt.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I hate FB and BE as much as the next man but they have actually had to find the money to pay huge bonuses that were in players contracts for gaining promotion (no prizes for guessing who negotiated most of those) - quoted at £9 million, mandatory improvements to the ground to comply with PL rules and, of course, a near million pound find PLUS whopping legal bills due to GP's **** up over Faurlin. So in fact as of today they are massively out of pocket (not that BE's pockets aren't deep but in the interest if balance...)

Comment

Originally posted by StevieCuddles View Post

• Taarabt stated no longer than 3 weeks ago that he loved London. If he was to move he would prefer Arsenal or Chelsea, but if he didnt he would like to stay with QPR for Neil. 3 weeks on, a lot has changed !

• Our owners have shown zero ambition and Adel has seen this. I cant think of another player (possibly with the exception of Paddy Kenny), who deserved a pay rise for what he done last year. But he wasnt given one and he felt this was a slap in the face. My goodness, he played an enourmous part in gaining this club millions. He bloody deserved it.

• Our owners have shown zero backing to Neil these past few weeks. We are 25 odd days away from the Premier League and we havent spent a single PENNY. No ambition, no want for survival and Adel doesnt fancy the relegation scrap.

• PSG have owners who show ambition, they are a massive club and a club who often play Champions League football. I think it was a bonus for him that it would be closer to family but not the be all and end all for him.

What im trying to say is, I feel the QPR board could and should have done a lot more in trying to get him to stay. Both with transfer activity and wages.

Him and Routledge were probably behind 90% of our creativity last year and now they are both gone. We are going into a Premiership campaign with a severley weakened squad and a manager who is quoting that he has no backing and no money to spend. Im gutted and really pissed off again tonight with my club.

Mahal kita QPR

Follow me on Twitter: Filiranger

Comment

Originally posted by StevieCuddles View Post

Well said Steve...I think a lot of fans feel the same way mate.

1st Game - QPR v Wolverhampton Wanderers on Tuesday 30th October 1979

www.twitter.com/ppledgerQPR

Comment

Exactly why I decided not to buy a ST

Comment

it was unfortunate that Leonardo left Inter Milan to become Director of Football at PSG. He was the one that wanted Adel, as for our owners, I hope supporters make their lives miserable at every home game.

Comment

I also 100% agree

Comment

I'm actually dreading next season as it stands because we are going to get a ****ing battering at the moment! Team is worse than last season and it wasn't good enough to stay in the Prem then!

Comment

The only thing I would say, is it might make him a household name in france, but its at the expense of becoming a household name around the world. Real short term thinking and appalling advice from his agents, the potential he had for selling shirts and merchandise in the middle east, africa and beyond will be lost because no one watches french football, PSG dont have european football yet and even when they do chances of him being played are slim, because he is not quite ready for that level.

Crazy and a decision I think he will regret for the rest of his career

Comment

Great post Mr Cuddles,

Of all the things our owners have done/or not done as the case may be, not hanging onto Adel is the biggest of F Ups in my eyes.

With just a little ambition shown Adel would have gladly stayed, instead we are weaker than we finsished last season which has to be a record for a team getting promoted.

Just a couple of shrewd 3/4 mill pound signings to compliment Adel plus Dj, Routledge and Bothroyd and we could have been a serious force next year.

Very very sad Adel is going, even if we kept all the coin available to us (minus the 40percent) we could not replace him.

Comment

Originally posted by baz View Post
                        The only thing I would say, is it might make him a household name in france, but its at the expense of becoming a household name around the world. Real short term thinking and appalling advice from his agents, the potential he had for selling shirts and merchandise in the middle east, africa and beyond will be lost because no one watches french football, PSG dont have european football yet and even when they do chances of him being played are slim, because he is not quite ready for that level.

Crazy and a decision I think he will regret for the rest of his career
                        Are they not in Europe for this coming season?
                        @chrisrobson9

Comment

Uefa but that does not count, so are Fulham

Comment

Working...
                          X