Poaching Hampton Players...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poaching Hampton Players...

To all who went to the Hampton game Saturday; just had a text from my mate whos best mate played for Hampton Saturday, a centre half called Dean Inman (think hes a white lad if that helps?) and apparently we approached him after the game and have asked him to come on our pre-season tour for a trial. Just wondering whether anybody noticed this lad and whether he was a standout performer on Saturday?
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

he must have had a good game to be offered a trail, i know we will get all the moaners on here now, bloody player from non league, but i love these sort of scenarios, because there are jems out there if you look. Lets hope he has a good tour and the best of luck to him.

Comment

Will Inman be on a free Mr Humphries?

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        To all who went to the Hampton game Saturday; just had a text from my mate whos best mate played for Hampton Saturday, a centre half called Dean Inman (think hes a white lad if that helps?) and apparently we approached him after the game and have asked him to come on our pre-season tour for a trial. Just wondering whether anybody noticed this lad and whether he was a standout performer on Saturday?
        I used to play in the same team as Dean and my mate's Dad coached him at youth level about 2 years ago. Terrific player, strong as an ox, great in the air and can read the game very well. Apparently, he is Martin Rowlands cousin so im led to believe. Premiership class ? I have my doubts but worth a look. Mick Jones certainly was impressed by the sounds of it.
        www.twitter.com/steveheard82

Comment

Im Sure Pellicori, Balanta, German would of made him look like a premiership standard CB...Good luck to the bloke though

Comment

Im with you winalotto, theres nothing wrong with having a look around the lower leagues for a player. Tbf, id rather pick up a young lad thats eager from a non-league side whos on 2k a week than risk a has-been Italian thats doing the rounds in Serie C there for a payday on 20k a week whos more interested in his next pedicure than keeping a clean sheet.

As you, must have been have decent for our scouts to have picked up on him. Only just turned 20 too so could have a decent future ahead of him.

And yes Return, he isnt on contract there.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieCuddles View Post
              I used to play in the same team as Dean and my mate's Dad coached him at youth level about 2 years ago. Terrific player, strong as an ox, great in the air and can read the game very well. Apparently, he is Martin Rowlands cousin so im led to believe. Premiership class ? I have my doubts but worth a look. Mick Jones certainly was impressed by the sounds of it.
              Quality! Could be worth a punt, i mean if he has all the natural attributes, a year or 2 in reserves/out on loan to League 1/2 side and he will come on leaps and bounds.

Comment

I love the non-league so i'm happy if this is true, hopefully i'll see him play tonight too
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Older fans will remember Bobby Gould, and how he used to pick lower league players and give them a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                    he must have had a good game to be offered a trail, i know we will get all the moaners on here now, bloody player from non league, but i love these sort of scenarios, because there are jems out there if you look. Lets hope he has a good tour and the best of luck to him.
                    I agree there are genms out there i.e. Smalling was playing at this level until Fulham signed him and he quickly went to Man U for a big fee.

However, it wouldn't have been too difficult to look decent against the forwards QPR had on display on Friday.

Comment

You're right, I think it's good and there are gems to be found out there.

Comment

This is how little clubs like ours used to survive before Sky and there £ms came along, this is what football is all about to me, finding jems and moving them on. Its only because football is a wash with cash, that scouting has become very lazy, most dont go and watch non league now and they should.

Comment

I was impressed with one of their centre halves - number 5. Don't know his name.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of the Swakeley View Post
                            Will Inman be on a free Mr Humphries?
                            Very good - can just imagine him mincing along the touchline shouting 'I'm (on a ) free'!

My hero is young Mr Grace, with the 2 dollies on his arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopfunk View Post
                              I was impressed with one of their centre halves - number 5. Don't know his name.
                              Lanky white lad?

Comment

Working...
                              X