Would you let Crouch go for £6m ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you let Crouch go for £6m ??

Interesting Spurs blog and responses from their fans (like the sound of Horny Helen.

Quote:

Would you let Crouch go for £6m?
    by Matthew Harris on July 18, 2011

While many fans are starting to feel that our same four strikers are going to remain at the club this season, there were many stories at the weekend linking Peter Crouch with a possible move to QPR.

Crouch left Spurs for QPR back in 2000 and spent a season there before moving on to Portsmouth and while his record at Loftus Road wasn’t great, it’s thought that he could give Rangers the experience and hopefully goals that they need to survive.

The newspaper reports at the weekend suggested that Spurs had given Neil Warnock and his club permission to speak to the player and that the fee involved could be as little as £6m pounds. The reports continued to suggest that Crouch is happy to move on, but wants to stay in London, so the move could be a good one all round.

Any further developments or possibly denials are awaited, but maybe it’s not too late to shake up this misfiring strike force. Would you let Crouch go for £6m, or is he the one striker that we do need to keep hold of?

Spread The Spurs Love:

{ 16 comments… read them below or add one }

timo***o July 18, 2011 at 11:28 am
    get shot of him. nice guy but when hes in the team the style of football aint pretty. sure he can head the ball but he gives away free kicks like wenger gives children sweets. im bored of this transfer window. Spend some money!!! strikers are the only area we really need to improve. i guarantee HR is gonna buy 3-4 midfielders and no strikers again!!! tsk

Paul July 18, 2011 at 11:29 am
    I would certainly show Crouch the door and if QPR are mugs enough to cough up £6m then we should have their arm off. if we could get them to take Defoe, Keane, Bentley, Jenas, Bassong and Hutton too then that would be a great bonus

J July 18, 2011 at 11:29 am
    I would let him go for FREE!!

The worst striker i have EVER seen is a Spurs shirt…he cant even kick the ball properly!!!

Dean July 18, 2011 at 11:31 am
    I would let him go for a whole lot less. Apart from being good in the air, he is useless with the ball at his feet. Cost us plenty this past season. He is also the reason that other strikers couldn’t find form or maybe it is Harry’s fault for persisting with him and messing with our formation. PLEASE SELL HIM NOW!!!

Barry Fanigrow July 18, 2011 at 11:33 am
    Yeah i’d be happy if he went for free.

wilboid July 18, 2011 at 11:36 am
    Yeah Bye Bye Crouchy, and you can take our longball tactics with you!

Roy Singh July 18, 2011 at 11:38 am
    He did get us somewhere in the CL. I’d let him go for 6 mil to QPR

Hustler July 18, 2011 at 11:38 am
    He is the one striker that I am sure won’t be going anywhere.
    We will buy another big guy up front who can hold the ball up but if you are a goal down with five minutes to go, then you want to send a big man on to pump the ball up to. All clubs do it and Crouchie is the tallest of the lot. I’d keep him.

landlord1 July 18, 2011 at 11:39 am
    Please just sell this bloke who masquerades as a footballer.
    Worst ever man to wear a Spurs shirt and we’ve had some **** in our time!

Horny Helen July 18, 2011 at 11:39 am
    It’s not my money so would give him away. Like the guy, wish him all the luck in the world but unfortunately he is not a top premiership footballer. As I ahve said before do not expect an inlux of top quality strikers to the Lane cos that ain’t going to happen. We will not make any marquee signings that is why it is imperative we keep Modders, Levy knows this hence he is reluctant to loose him.

spur1950 July 18, 2011 at 11:41 am
    I will drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! him

dannyspur July 18, 2011 at 11:41 am
    I would bite their hands off for that money!

SDarko July 18, 2011 at 11:41 am
    Let Crouch have whatever he wants. I don’t rate him highly but his goals are the reason we beat City in 2010, why we overcame Young Boys at WHL and why we beat AC Milan. He’s an ugly player but he’s been there at some of the club’s most important moments.
    Of course, he scored an OG at City last season but it was all over long before that anyway.

DMORLIO18 July 18, 2011 at 11:42 am
    People presume Crouchy is good for heading…..but hes not! He wins probably 1 in 5, and hes 6ft f***ing 7! So in reality he isn’t useful for pumping the ball up to, and he cant score, so £6m is a brilliant deal for us. However did grab some aluable goals in CL but seen as though we’re not in it this year and aren’t likely to be in it the year after, then hes useless.

spurs4title July 18, 2011 at 11:50 am
    i would pay them the fine price of jermaine jenas and alan hutton if they would take crouch on a free…waste of wages the lot of them

OldSpur July 18, 2011 at 11:50 am
    Mmmm. Crouch to QPR for £6mil. Tough call.
    YES PLEASE !!!!

IMHO, Crouch is a very very underrated player. Never got the credit he deserved at the scouse, would come on and score yet still start the next game on the bench. For Spurs last year i saw him many a time create goals with his knock downs from the back post. His goal record for England speaks for itself. Wages aside, i personally think that 6mill is a bl00dy good deal for a player of his calibre and experience.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Does anyone really think the club will part with 6m for Crouch plus wages??
      No sorry this wont happen, this is being spun either by the club for good news vibes, or just another 2+2 = 16 rumour.

Comment

I see the Spurs fans love him then :pleasantsuprise:
        1st Game - QPR v Wolverhampton Wanderers on Tuesday 30th October 1979

www.twitter.com/ppledgerQPR

Comment

Nodge - you are v quiet - comments...

Comment

its like reading on here - only the names have changed!

Comment

[QUOTE=geejaybee;660161]Paul July 18, 2011 at 11:29 am
              I would certainly show Crouch the door and if QPR are mugs enough to cough up £6m then we should have their arm off. if we could get them to take Defoe, Keane, Bentley, Jenas, Bassong and Hutton too then that would be a great bonus.[QUOTE]

yep, i'd take them too!
              the guy clearly dont know his #### from his elbow... he would be begging for keane and defoe if spurs had the likes of pelican and clarke playing for them.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

[QUOTE=Ginger Ninja;660416][QUOTE=geejaybee;660161]Paul July 18, 2011 at 11:29 am
                I would certainly show Crouch the door and if QPR are mugs enough to cough up £6m then we should have their arm off. if we could get them to take Defoe, Keane, Bentley, Jenas, Bassong and Hutton too then that would be a great bonus.

yep, i'd take them too!
                the guy clearly dont know his #### from his elbow... he would be begging for keane and defoe if spurs had the likes of pelican and clarke playing for them.
                Spurs getting abit ahead of themselves after 1 season in Champs League bless 'em. Defoe's quote a couple months back about Europa League really summed it up.... 1 season ago they'd have been more than happy with any European competition.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

In Spurs fans contex: "as little as £6m pounds"
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Just shows the difference between the clubs, doesn't particularly reflect on Crouch - Hogan Ephraim might not be good enough for us but he would be a good signing for, say, Scunthorpe.

Comment

Been told to put money on Crouch going to chelsea and drogba heading to spurs.

Comment

Originally posted by roose View Post
                        1st Game - QPR v Wolverhampton Wanderers on Tuesday 30th October 1979

www.twitter.com/ppledgerQPR

Comment

Originally posted by roose View Post
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Thats what i thought but the bloke was sure and he is normally right on all things spurs just passing on the info.

Comment

Working...
                            X