Derry: 'I thought Taarabt would have left QPR by now!'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derry: 'I thought Taarabt would have left QPR by now!'

The 22-year-old Moroccan playmaker has been linked with moves to a host of clubs this summer, with Paris St Germain and Marseille reportedly showing the strongest interesting in completing a big-money deal for him.

And Derry has told talkSPORT that after Tarrabt’s heroics in leading QPR to the Premier League last season he didn’t expect him to stay at the club this summer, but admitted if he did stay that it would be a major bonus for the club.....

More:
    http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...e-left-qpr-now
    Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 17-07-2011, 04:24 PM. Reason: full article posted
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Had to laugh at this bit:
    “I know everybody is saying how much QPR are spending

Are we????????????
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post

Are we????????????
      He seriously said that?

Great sense of humour or the poor man is losing his marbles.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post

Are we????????????
        Yeah i think he meant as in how much we aren't spending

Comment

kin madness,we need to be holding onto our best players.originally i thought leeds was his last game for us,but the longer this goes on and warnock in his lughole, we could get up until christmas out of him.fingers crossed
          Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

He was referring to people outside the club being under the false impression that we are a mega rich club that are/will be spending loads of money....he did go on to say, "if you look at it, we haven't spent that much really"

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
              kin madness,we need to be holding onto our best players.originally i thought leeds was his last game for us,but the longer this goes on and warnock in his lughole, we could get up until christmas out of him.fingers crossed
              I'd like to think the same mate but with that fat orange basstard in charge of the deal that's a near on impossible.

He's driving up the price as much as poss to line his own pockets. He don't care about us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                I'd like to think the same mate but with that fat orange basstard in charge of the deal that's a near on impossible.

He's driving up the price as much as poss to line his own pockets. He don't care about us.
                bang on ric,but the lure of prem football to french football with gates not much bigger than brentfords,personally think psg would be a bad move for a showman like adel.this is his chance to line his and the fat orange ***** pockets even more within 5 months ,and briatore knows that if he cuts it in the prem his price will rise again.still think something major will happen before the season starts with regards to a takeover and adel is being used as the bait.
                Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Really hope you're right mate.

Can only see our price deteriorate rapidly once we start getting pumped so I imagine they are looking the quick buck then gone..

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                    bang on ric,but the lure of prem football to french football with gates not much bigger than brentfords,personally think psg would be a bad move for a showman like adel.this is his chance to line his and the fat orange ***** pockets even more within 5 months ,and briatore knows that if he cuts it in the prem his price will rise again.still think something major will happen before the season starts with regards to a takeover and adel is being used as the bait.
                    The only plus points for him to move to PSG is nearer to home (Marseille) and the extra money he will earn.

He is better off staying at QPR until Christmas, and if he does well, he might attract Marseille or a Spanish club that can offer him Champions League football too.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      The only plus points for him to move to PSG is nearer to home (Marseille) and the extra money he will earn.

He is better off staying at QPR until Christmas, and if he does well, he might attract Marseille or a Spanish club that can offer him Champions League football too.
                      True.

The problem I have (and I suspect Warnock too), is that he would use his 4 months in the PL as a huge shop window, and give even less of a sh*t about the rest of the team.
                      We got away with that last season in the championship, but if his 2nd attempt at nutmegging Leighton Baines failed, and he sulked around feeling sorry for himself for the remaining hour at Goodison Park (or wherever), then we could get well toasted by the likes of Everton. never mind Arsenal, Utd, City etc..

Having said all that, I love the bloke, and love watching him. What a joy he is.
                      It's a tricky one, but a problem that he will probably take out of our hands by walking off into the sunset.

And I'm not sure that Neil Warnock would be that gutted, to be honest.
                      "Trust In Warnock" - Don't just type it - Do It.

Comment

Working...
                      X