Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gambian

I keep reading about "the Gambian" who played against Harrow:

Does anyone have any more info on him? How did he play? What is his style? Is he worth signing and what would his role be?

Cheers

Played left back and looked useful and obviously looked hungry as playing for a contract. One thing though he needs to stand in a grow bag, he's a short littlle fella.
    Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
      I keep reading about "the Gambian" who played against Harrow:

Does anyone have any more info on him? How did he play? What is his style? Is he worth signing and what would his role be?

Cheers
      Quite short but cant see that being a problem Clive wilson?. He has a good left foot, passing crossing and obviously shooting was good. He was nippy and a handful. Albeit against lower league so needs a few more games but the potential is there.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRbob View Post
        Played left back and looked useful and obviously looked hungry as playing for a contract. One thing though he needs to stand in a grow bag, he's a short littlle fella.
        I know it's only one outing - but do you think he would do a better job than Clint?

I say that because despite his commitment to the cause last year - he got skinned alive by the likes of Bellamy. He's gonna face players like that nearly every week now and I think it's a defo weak link.

Comment

On the deck yes he looks good but have to see more game time to see whether he can deal with the high ball well enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post
            On the deck yes he looks good but have to see more game time to see whether he can deal with the high ball well enough.
            Cheers

Comment

Too early to judge
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Maybe not as good a job as Clint, but probably a better job than Borrowdale.
                Would be a cheap cover option.

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                  Too early to judge
                  Thats my point yes he looks good on the deck but needs more time at least another 5 games.

Comment

He looked pacey enough but as someone said, haven't really see him deal with the high balls. Definitely worth another look. Be interesting to see what those that go to the Cornwall matches make of him, that's if he's played.
                    Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------
                    https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

Too early to judge
                      Sign him up and loan him out; see how he gets on.
                      Pipe dream stuff to put him in 25 man squad without seeing further.

Comment

According to Qblockpete's commentary he was MOM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                          According to Qblockpete's commentary he was MOM.
                          yeah but according to Pete we had a trialist number 14 from Forest Youth whose dad is chairman of Forest....Is infacy our own youth Player

Comment

Too early to judge
                            Well. I think that's pretty bloody obvious in an absolute sense!

Just asking about early impressions.

Comment

Only relaying what him and Tony Incenzo said mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X