So who went today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who went today?

I understand Rowly and Lee Cook both played down at Hampton today.

Any reports?

Rowly scored apparently, thats all I heard.

Comment

we lost 2-1, team was elvis harriman ramage ehmer borrowdale balanta rowlands doughty cook german clarke

Comment

4-2-3-1 German upfront attacking 3 of Clarke Balanta Cook with Cook and Balanta swapping regularly for the "Tarrabt role" Rowly and the 18 year old kid in CM at the back Ramage and Ehmer as the centre backs, Borrowdale and another guy as the full backs.

First half pretty average Hampton started better, Putnins had to make a number of good saves, Hamptons goal from freekick on the edge of the box straight through the wall.

Our goal nice move, great pass from cookie to set up Rowly to score. We got better as the half progressed

Stand out performers of the half Ehmer and Cook

2nd Half no changes from us to start, very poor start, Damage and Cookie came off after 60 replaced by Mo Sharif and some of kid at centre half. Mo Sharif looks a very good prospect and IMHO should have started. Hampton scored after a right clanger from Borrowdale. Pellican came on for very little effect.

Overall we were fairly poor, the gulf between some of the players we have still and the premiership is frightening and we struggled to create much

Cookie had a good game
        Ehmer looks very nearly ready at Centre half and really impressed
        Rowly buzzed about but could not impose himself on the game.
        Ramage looked very slow

German is not going to make it with us and should be moved on.
        Balanta I'm really not sure about had moments but has not developed as many had hoped
        Young lad who played central midfield again had moments but a bit weak in tackle and gave the ball away too much.

Clarke I mean the guy tried but needs to be moved on
        Pellican - better than Clarke but that does not say much

Borrowdale was a total embaressment.

Clearly a lot of unhappy footballers here and it showed, Cookie imho s worth a place in the squad and I think Ehmer might break through this year, certainly far better than Ramage yeaterday.

Comment

Good report, thanks Baz.

Comment

so

so thats the second freindly that we havent really acheived very much
            its not good in holloways time these friendlies were designed to improve our touch
            it looks grim,but then again,i hope its going to be ok
            lets field our strongest team at these friendlies,i dont care what people say
            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Ta Baz,

keep toys in the pram for the time being folks,

FFS it's only the first friendly for those that played.

Comment

Working...
              X