The Mittals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mittals

They own 33% of the club so what is stopping them from putting their hand in THEIR pocket and stumping up the cash to pay for new players? I don't think that they are the short-term answer to our problems. Discuss.
    @WillTemple

Simple - a minority shareholder isn't going to invest more than a major shareholder. Why would they, Ecclestone and Briatore would reap the benefits!!

Comment

33 percent means they can't make a decision Stick means, they seem not to agree with running of the club so it's perfectly understandable that they won't being investing until they take a major shareholding.

Bernie prob also realises that any Money from Mittals would be a further loan. A further loan would also impact the sale price of the club.

Comment

Its touched on in another thread, the balance sheet will show current debts and long term debt. The long term contractual obligations for QPR are horrific. There are 15-20 players who are dropping out of their contracts over the next two years....my guess £20 million. Most of them are non-playing Paladini signings...at most three are squad players of any value. The club might be worth £100-£120 million as a franchise but its debts now and as they solidify over the next two years are approaching £70 million....hence the £60-£65 million offer. The £100 mill and no debts.....

Comment

If I part owned a property & had a 33% share in it I wouldn't be funding a new extension!!!

Comment

if the minority shareholder has serious ambitions to buy this club then they would put their hand in their pocket. they're not so what does that tell you?
            Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
            Lovejoy: "No?!"
            Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
              if the minority shareholder has serious ambitions to buy this club then they would put their hand in their pocket. they're not so what does that tell you?
              I'll have what your drinking!

Yeah mr mittal spend a load of money on players , then watch Bernie turn down another bid and feel you have not only just invested, but you have no say in the investment you just made!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRwill View Post
                They own 33% of the club so what is stopping them from putting their hand in THEIR pocket and stumping up the cash to pay for new players?
                Just a guess...because they no longer have a seat on the board?

Comment

That's a good point Stanley ! They were putting some1 in though aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by singingranger View Post
                    That's a good point Stanley ! They were putting some1 in though aren't they?
                    Not yet AFAIK. Nothing on the offy about it either.

Comment

They can't fund signings
                      they don't own the club
                      they can offer to fund signings as a donation
                      offer can be accepted or refused
                      no comeback
                      ask yourself
                      would you?

Comment

No body with a brain cell would invest without control especially the power struggle thT has been apparent

Comment

Working...
                        X