Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone accept we are a team punching above our weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone accept we are a team punching above our weight?

lets face facts we are a small team always have been always will be, we have no money due to the fact we are a small team and just bank rolling the rteam we had put us 50 mill in debt, our real fan base to small to sustain us , anyone doubt it look at last season where despite being top most of season only sold out last couple of games (derby home was embaressing)

i personally think our level is a top half champioship team, therefore if this is the case should we not look at this season as a season in the sun? if we compete fantastic if we dont were back to where we belong, if by some miracle we survive we can look to build, if we fail we cant go down with a mercenary team who will kill the club for ageneration to come. but if we do go down we go down with the finances to build again

all these people on here who think we are going to attract the top name players to us in our first season back are dillusional i also think i would like to go down with the team we got who do appear to care then the westham way of good players with no heart

like i said in summary think people on here need a reality check and remember who we are not who wed like to be

I don't want to accept this but I do. We are a small club and for now in all honesty we should be happy to be a "yo-yo" club.

However I also look at this as an opportunity to remain in the Premier League, the gap isn't as big as it has been in the past and with some shrewd signings we could establish ourselves and grow as a club (that's the dream anyway).

I have no problems with any financial wage structure at the club, it's sensible and won't ruin us if we are to be relegated this season. I also don't believe the season tickets are massively over-priced (walk up prices are). I just wish the owners (bernie & flav) would care a little bit more and think about the fans. It's the fans (majority of) that make this club so special.

And as for the Mittal's they're right not to pay stupid money regardless of their wealth!

No matter who we buy there is always a chance of staying up with a Warnock team - there are other poor teams in the league this season..... Bolton, Wigan, Norwich, Swansea, Villa no name a few so win, lose or draw lets get behind the team because it's great to be back in the Premier League!!!!

Comment

No we're not punching above our weight
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
        No we're not punching above our weight
        ok, any particular reason why you think that bearing in mind our recent history?
        not a dig just a question

Comment

We always have been.
          "Trust In Warnock" - Don't just type it - Do It.

Comment

WE earned the right to play in the premier league fair and square. We are not punching above our weight.

Comment

Originally posted by SullivanQPR View Post
              We always have been.
              i agree with that though would add the "weight difference" much bigger now and hence the gap much wider

Comment

We shouldn't be with the owners we have but yes we are

Comment

Originally posted by Rieger View Post
                  WE earned the right to play in the premier league fair and square. We are not punching above our weight.
                  i agree rieger we earnt it, and i hop e we compete , if we can survive then we can build and gradually claw back the difference, think we may need to do the wewst brom thing to help us establish ourselves over 3-4 years

Comment

For as long as football is ruled by money, our natural place is championship.

Comment

how can we punch above our weight with no punches thrown yet, season hasn't started has it?

Comment

in terms of stadium size and fan base, yes we don't belong in the prem, but the team earned the right to play in this league.

Comment

As long as we play in an 18,500 capacity stadium we will always be punching above our weight.

Funny how all the talk of stadium relocation has gone quiet ever since all this boardroom fiasco started. What should have been a priority is now completely off the radar, for obvious reasons I guess.

Comment

We are anorexic in Prem terms. So...Yes!

Comment

Fulham...

Comment

Working...
                              X