No announcement yet.

In order to get Bothroyd to sign.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In order to get Bothroyd to sign.......

The club must have given assurances over activity in the transfer market? Otherwise I dont understand how they got him to sign?

Well, depends how genuine the other expressions of interest were. When I read that Spurs were in for him I felt a lot of that speculation lost all credibility. He wanted to go to the Prem and he prob didn't have that many suitors - he's good, but he's not that good. Warno was unable to even assure two recruits that he would still be manager next season, so not sure how he cd have made promises on transfers.

Comment

probably spun him a line like they do the fans.

Comment

The Board don't care who they lie to or decieve. Fans, Manager, Players, FA, FL, F1, etc. All the same to them when it comes to profit & loss margins.

As happy as I am with Bothroyd signing (definitely better than what we had AND Beckford, Morrison & CMS) I still see him behind Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, Bent, Carroll for England.
        So vying for 6th choice with Cole & Davies, etc.
        Can't see him winning another cap, hope I'm wrong.

Comment

He said he convinced his wife!

Comment

i believe he must have signed based on what he believes happening he had a lot of interest esp as a free transfer, no way would he have signed if he thought hed be the only signing

Comment

We're in London and he's from London. We are in the prem and he got a 3 year deal on money he must have found acceptable. Simple

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post
                i believe he must have signed based on what he believes happening he had a lot of interest esp as a free transfer, no way would he have signed if he thought hed be the only signing
                Both he and Dyer stated that it was Warnock's vision & plans that influenced thier decision (interviews on player). We dont & wont know what Neil is planning, he plays everything down & if we were only to listen to him, no one would be dissappointed. I after last year am prepared to rely on his judgement. Those 2 wouldnt have signed if they didn't have belief

Comment

Working...
                X