QPRs PR and social media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPRs PR and social media

Ok we all know that its completely dire. Shockingly dire. Amateurish.
    BUT

Are other clubs any better? Was just wondering, those of you that trawl other boards, offy websites and the like. Are we over the top with criticising? Genuine question. As I seriously dont know.

People (on here) I've seen question QPR player and from what ive seen its actually ten times better, easily, than any other championship club..so are we being OTT??

social media advertising is cheap and generally just a marketing gimmick spun by bullsh*t merchants. Social Media Gurus for example are rediculous. Capitalism and all that though. £30 says there will be 'cloud computing' gurus in the next 6 months. In fact I might get in on that.

Comment

Enjoy QPR player a lot and represents good value for money IMO.

Comment

From what ive seen most of the clubs sites look the same. The MK Dons one looks identical are the all set up by the same team?
        All those that believe in telekinesis raise my hand

Comment

Originally posted by Rieger View Post
          social media advertising is cheap and generally just a marketing gimmick spun by bullsh*t merchants. Social Media Gurus for example are rediculous. Capitalism and all that though. £30 says there will be 'cloud computing' gurus in the next 6 months. In fact I might get in on that.
          Mate I totally agree but that wasnt what i meant. Prime example, my friend is co behind a company called asuitthatfits - they even made suits for the QPR players. I met someone who said he was a "social media expert" and the like and i found out he was actually doing their twitter and getting paid £50 a week for it...he'd also set up his twitter account to get auto follows and had 4000 followers...a complete and utter charlatan!

What I meant was just PR in general (the SM is a joke...FFS..just look at our facebook page and people slagging the club off)

I just mean PR in general..look at all the bad press and the fact that we all know things (generally) before they are official..from signings, to new badges, to team selections, to sponsors.

Seriously the only thing that the club ever managed to keep under wraps was this takeover.

Then lob in a zillion other things and we really do come across poor

BUT is anyone better at it? Is this just the norm for footy clubs??

Comment

Barnsley is not bad

Getting back to the point, I think the structure on what they put on is limited by the gobal agreement as each web site appears to be as bad.

But I will say other clubs put information up alot quicker, do far better interviews and put up highlights of a game quicker too.

The amount of times I logged on to a competitors web site to see these last season was silly.

I know there restricted ibn the format, but there appears to me to be no ideas, no drive which is why I find it so frustrating. It amazes me that doing this for a living they should be able to come up with more interesting articles and interviews as they are doing a job that most of us would love e.g. writing and reporting about football.

Think it all needs relooking and a refresh, they most probably work extremely hard but they do need new ideas
            Last edited by Bigears; 12-07-2011, 07:58 PM.
            One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Originally posted by Rieger View Post
              You've missed out on that one, they have been around for ages. They certainly aren't 'rediiculous' though, cloud computing of some description is probably used by most websites you visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                Enjoy QPR player a lot and represents good value for money IMO.
                completely agree fella. i think Paul m does a bloody blinding job on it

Comment

Originally posted by wicksta View Post
                  You've missed out on that one, they have been around for ages. They certainly aren't 'rediiculous' though, cloud computing of some description is probably used by most websites you visit.
                  cloud ocmputing has been around for years (hotmail, yahoo mail, steam etc). But, surely there aren't cloud computing guru's already? Cloud computing is only now becoming a sort of buzzword.

Comment

All about resource and investment and then what you want your social media function to do.

Look at Man City's website and Facebook pages. Money no object, ergo THE best sports website in the world. Do you want your social media to act as commercial driver (link back to the official site to increase dwell time to increase advertising spend etc.) or as an interactive link with the fans, or somewhere in between?

If it's adequately resourced, they're great. If not, tend to fall between a rock and hard place. Ian Taylor and Paul Morrissey do a great job, but to put into context, what they do in terms of Media, New Media and Social Media is carried out by a team of 12 at Chelsea.

NB - all the FL websites are run on the same template designed by Perform for the FL. All FL clubs are contracted in. Promoted clubs have to run with the Perform platform on the FL deal for 12 months, then have an opt out option to tender externally. No central deal for the PL
                    Last edited by Nodge70; 13-07-2011, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X