X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecclestone finally addresses QPR criticism

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...?stor***=13101
    Sun 10th Jul 2011 21:46 by Clive Whittingham

QPR owner Bernie Ecclestone has finally spoken about the current situation at Loftus Road, in an interview with BBC Five Live’s Sportsweek programme prior to today’s F1 British Grand Prix.

Ecclestone was asked about the criticism of the club’s ticket price rises, and the future of manager Neil Warnock with the relationship between him and the board said to be strained.

Ecclestone said: “When we took over the club the idea was to get it out of the Championship and into the Premier League, and that’s what’s happened. We don’t need to panic and start running around doing silly things. All the season tickets have sold so they can’t be that upset. I haven’t even talked to Neil about anything, it’s what newspapers want to print.

And the newspapers do continue to want to print things it seems. Today’s People reports that Warnock is currently locked in a battle with the board, using the final say veto written into his contract to call a halt to a succession of moves made by the board for players over his head.
    http://www.people.co.uk/sport/footba...L1ansY.twitter

And Mirror journalist Paul Smith, who has an excellent track record on QPR stories, says Ecclestone has charged football fixer Keith Harris and London investment bank Seymour Pierce with the task of finding a buyer for the club. Smith says Harris has convinced the board they will be able to get £100m for the club. http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...#ixzz1ReHsBKO0

Our old mate Charles Sale at the Daily Mail reports the complete opposite, that Ecclestone has no plans to sell whatsoever. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...#ixzz1RbAAQ3ug

Warnock in battle with QPR bigwigs over transfers

NEIL WARNOCK is caught in a tit-for-tat battle with QPR over signing players – but he has the last laugh.

Warnock has been trying for players to boost the Premier League new boys, but several moves have collapsed over fees and personal terms.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/footba...L1ansY.twitter

Comment

Ecclestone - Minimal interest in Football (well, Cheslea) and no interest in QPR - We're just a money making opportunity for him. Thus comments like, we've made it into the Premiership Cash Cow just like we said we would and S/T's having sold out - both money related comments.

What he fails to mention is Tango pushing his way to the front again, pulling the strings, upsetting the stability we'd built for the last 15 months. Telling Bernie what to do and when to do it.
      And he fails to offer support to Warnock, suggesting he's not even spoken to him - about anything ! Unbelievable.

If I saw/read or heard one of my most valuable assets was not happy, on the verge of quitting or frustrated with what was happening at Board level.......

I WOULD MAKE IT MY BUSINESS TO SPEAK TO HIM AND FIND OUT WHAT I COULD DO TO HELP SUPPORT HIM IN MAKING US COMPETATIVE IN THE RICHEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD.

Then I would follow my words up with action.
      (within reason, ie. not spending hundreds of millions !)

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
        Ecclestone - Minimal interest in Football (well, Cheslea) and no interest in QPR - We're just a money making opportunity for him. Thus comments like, we've made it into the Premiership Cash Cow just like we said we would and S/T's having sold out - both money related comments.

What he fails to mention is Tango pushing his way to the front again, pulling the strings, upsetting the stability we'd built for the last 15 months. Telling Bernie what to do and when to do it.
        And he fails to offer support to Warnock, suggesting he's not even spoken to him - about anything ! Unbelievable.

If I saw/read or heard one of my most valuable assets was not happy, on the verge of quitting or frustrated with what was happening at Board level.......

I WOULD MAKE IT MY BUSINESS TO SPEAK TO HIM AND FIND OUT WHAT I COULD DO TO HELP SUPPORT HIM IN MAKING US COMPETATIVE IN THE RICHEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD.

Then I would follow my words up with action.
        (within reason, ie. not spending hundreds of millions !)

I have not read anywhere that Warnock is " on the verge of quitting ", if you have a link to this statement put it up. otherwise don't make wild accusations.

Comment

I like Ecclestone - a lot.

From day one, he is who he is. And he's actually pretty reliable and predictable..I've no issues with him as a human or businessman. To be honest, without him reigning in flavio at times god knows where we would be...Premiership I seriously doubt

Comment

Well the Club put a statement up on the Official site denying he'd resigned.

There is a suggestion, he did resign only to be persuaded to stay.

Numerous National Press (respected or not) have reported that NW is not happy or at odds with the Board, even suggesting replacements (mainly Italian)

More press reports that he is invoking a clause in his contracts regards bri ing in overseas players he doesn't want.

A player we were reportedly interested in buying who had talks with us is believed to have decided against joining us as Warnock told him he couldn't guarantee still being our Manager at the start of the season.

I'm certainly not making wild accusations, there's been many suggestions that he's considering his position, thinking about quitting.

Can't be @rsed to go on, suffice to say 'I believe' there's no smoke without fire. Besides I was talking hyperthetically, I thought that was obvious but
            clearly not.

Do you think he's entirely happy at the momemt then ?

Comment

[QUOTE=Stanley76;654093]Ecclestone said: “When we took over the club the idea was to get it out of the Championship and into the Premier League, and that’s what’s happened. We don’t need to panic and start running around doing silly things. All the season tickets have sold so they can’t be that upset. I haven’t even talked to Neil about anything, it’s what newspapers want to print.”

If that is true, why are you still selling them then ?
              The QPR Box Office can confirm that Season Ticket Holders from the 2010/11 Season can now purchase a second Season Ticket for the upcoming Premier League campaign.

To confirm, as well as their own Season Ticket they are now eligible to purchase one additional ticket and can do so exclusively until 5.00pm on Wednesday 13th July.

From Thursday 14th July 9.00am, Members from the 2010-11 Season will also be able to purchase a second Season Ticket.

Comment

Much of it may be papertalk. Almost ("hear say") If you ask me.
                But I feel that Bernie delegate to many important issues to Flavio. The result is that it only comes back as critisism aimed at himself(Bernie) That´s a problem.
                To me it looks like Ecclestone seems more interested in QPR than he is given credit for.

I admit the raise in seasontickets was a huge mistake to sanction if he is aware of the fact that QPR are a family club...
                I pity those of you who have brought your families with you to QPR matches for generations.No doubt about that! But I blame that part on Flavio really.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

as if he or flav gives a to55
                  it's all about £££££££££££££££££££££3
                  forget heart,passion,history
                  it's $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and ££££££££££££££££££££
                  makes these guys tick.

Comment

[QUOTE=paulmason;654141]
                    Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                    Ecclestone said: “When we took over the club the idea was to get it out of the Championship and into the Premier League, and that’s what’s happened. We don’t need to panic and start running around doing silly things. All the season tickets have sold so they can’t be that upset. I haven’t even talked to Neil about anything, it’s what newspapers want to print.”
                    If that is true, why are you still selling them then ?
                    The QPR Box Office can confirm that Season Ticket Holders from the 2010/11 Season can now purchase a second Season Ticket for the upcoming Premier League campaign.

To confirm, as well as their own Season Ticket they are now eligible to purchase one additional ticket and can do so exclusively until 5.00pm on Wednesday 13th July.

From Thursday 14th July 9.00am, Members from the 2010-11 Season will also be able to purchase a second Season Ticket.

What about that part?

After the NOTW scandal I dont know anymore.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by indianalondon View Post
                      I like Ecclestone - a lot.

From day one, he is who he is. And he's actually pretty reliable and predictable..I've no issues with him as a human or businessman. To be honest, without him reigning in flavio at times god knows where we would be...Premiership I seriously doubt

The problem isn't Ecclestone. It's the excitable other one...

Comment

That is a standard comment to close a question he dosnt want to pursue.

He was asked it when talking about F1 which he is comfortable in talking about, almost any other answer would have lead the interviewer to ask more questions.

To me a standard default answer and dosnt mean jack rubbish
                        One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post

The problem isn't Ecclestone. It's the excitable other one...

Not rocket science excatly
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                            Well the Club put a statement up on the Official site denying he'd resigned.

There is a suggestion, he did resign only to be persuaded to stay.

Numerous National Press (respected or not) have reported that NW is not happy or at odds with the Board, even suggesting replacements (mainly Italian)

More press reports that he is invoking a clause in his contracts regards bri ing in overseas players he doesn't want.

A player we were reportedly interested in buying who had talks with us is believed to have decided against joining us as Warnock told him he couldn't guarantee still being our Manager at the start of the season.

I'm certainly not making wild accusations, there's been many suggestions that he's considering his position, thinking about quitting.

Can't be @rsed to go on, suffice to say 'I believe' there's no smoke without fire. Besides I was talking hyperthetically, I thought that was obvious but
                            clearly not.

Do you think he's entirely happy at the momemt then ?
                            1. You take what you hear too literally. Like SSN saying today that Wenger says Fabregas and Nasri are staying. Well you could believe that if you ignore the form of the question, the nature of the answer and reports which suggest the opposite. The media aren't interested in the truth when it spoils a story.
                            2. There won't be a manager in the Premier League who is entirely happy. It's all relative.
                            3. You must think Warnock is a weak bit of fluff if you think spats over Briatore's Italian import suggestions will shift him. From the start Warnock has had final say over signings. A position confirmed by the board. That won't stop Briatore suggesting players and Warnock saying no thanks.
                            4. If no smoke without fire implies that Ecclestone, Briatore and Warnock are not 100% compatible fair enough. But how many owners and managers in football are?

Comment

Loftladder,
                              Fair points about our wonderful media and whether other Managers are entirely happy - but I bet most are 'happier' and getting more support from their Boards - of course, the classic 'Board are fully behind the Manager' statement is rarely a good thing, unless at Wigan.

But do I tbink Warnock is weak ? Certainly not, but I do think his experience in the game makes him very canny when dealing with press and Boards. Ask Jordan or the Sheff Utd Chairman who name I forget.
                              He has also often stated he wants 1 more crack at the Premiership. He knows we represent his best and quickest option as he's already achieved he hard part - getting promoted.

He also knows which side his bread's buttered financially.

My concern is Flavio pulling the strings and Bernie meekly going along with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X