Another decent signing for Swansea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another decent signing for Swansea...

Swansea sign Benfica keeper, we sign Ipswich's 3rd choice.

Just about sums up our complete and total lack of ambition....

Are you watching Flavio???

They must be laughing at us....Blillionaire owners buy no-one in bid to keep QPR in the Premiership.....
    :drunk:

Difference is they need a number 1, we want a number 3.

Relax.

Comment

I'm trying.....

Difference is we need a number 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10 and 11. Instead we have got a 43, 44, 46,67, and 99 in Ramage, Shittu, Cerny, Pellicori and Alberti.....

They've signed 6 players that will start.....

Relaxed?

Comment

They lost 14 games last season to our 6, they needed more players than us to start with.

I'm not happy about the fact we haven't signed anyone, but I'm not going to use every signing Swansea/Norwich make to have a dig at the club. It's pointless.

Comment

Maybe, but we have lost 1 very decent player and likely to lose our star player and therefore are considerably weaker than last year. They (Swansea and Norwich) have both stregthend considerably.

Let's be honest we got 1 point at Norwich and beat Swansea at home last year (Taraabt masterclass if I remember) and we will be competing with both these sides to stay up and in my opinion they are now in a much better position than us to stay up.

So to highlight every signing these teams make is not pointless as it highlights how far behind we are getting.

Comment

Swansea have also lost their keeper and Pratley on free's, and look likely to lose their left back to Newcastle aswell. Borini has also gone back to Italy so, I would say as it stands they are also weaker than last year. Taarabt hasn't been sold yet, no-one has even matched the asking price.

Norwich are buying Championship and League 1 players who won't cut it in the prem, add in the fact they were in League 1 just over a year ago and they will struggle big time.

We need players yes, but we need the right players. No point making a signing just so we can say 'we made a signing'.

Although we do need those quality players in sooner rather than later, as time is ticking....

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
              Swansea have also lost their keeper and Pratley on free's, and look likely to lose their left back to Newcastle aswell. Borini has also gone back to Italy so, I would say as it stands they are also weaker than last year. Taarabt hasn't been sold yet, no-one has even matched the asking price.

Norwich are buying Championship and League 1 players who won't cut it in the prem, add in the fact they were in League 1 just over a year ago and they will struggle big time.

We need players yes, but we need the right players. No point making a signing just so we can say 'we made a signing'.

Although we do need those quality players in sooner rather than later, as time is ticking....
              Maybe. Just have to wait and see how it pans out. Doesn't look good from our side though, the most frustrating thing is our owners have such huge resources that we could be in a fantastic position if they were prepared to properly invest, and I think that is what really angers people on here.

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
                Maybe. Just have to wait and see how it pans out. Doesn't look good from our side though, the most frustrating thing is our owners have such huge resources that we could be in a fantastic position if they were prepared to properly invest, and I think that is what really angers people on here.
                I agree, it is very frustrating and I am starting to worry about our lack of activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
                  Difference is they need a number 1, we want a number 3.

Relax.

Comment

The big stumbling block could be wages, the type of players we have been linked with, DJ, Bothroyd, Bullard, may want more money than we are prepared to pay, we do seem to have a wage ceiling, and rightly so. The players both Swansea and Norwich have signed probably wont be on huge wages. Apart from Danny Graham would any of their signings walk straight into our team ?

Comment

Originally posted by rangersroar View Post
                      The big stumbling block could be wages, the type of players we have been linked with, DJ, Bothroyd, Bullard, may want more money than we are prepared to pay, we do seem to have a wage ceiling, and rightly so. The players both Swansea and Norwich have signed probably wont be on huge wages. Apart from Danny Graham would any of their signings walk straight into our team ?
                      Would say pretty much all of them would.

Comment

So, if we had signed a Huddersfield winger from league one, you would be happy ?

Comment

Which players would walk straight into our team then? Give names and who they would replace.

Comment

Again no "for FFS it's only July threads" for Swansea fans either,still think they will be relagated but at least they are giving themselves a chance,as for us!

Comment

Swansea lost their first choice keeper and had to replace him, simples really and we have got Paddy !

Comment

Working...
                              X