No announcement yet.

Dan Shittu Signs 1 Year Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good getr a bit of weight off him pre season , we need experience.

Comment

Good signing in my opinion. Not going to start every week but put him on at Old Trafford when we are 1 nill up and watch him fight for Rangers like his life depended on it. He deserves another shot in the Prem.

Also "worst player evr seen at Loftus Rd". Did you not see Pelicori, Hulse, Scully, Devon White and many more. Shittu would rank top half of players at LR.

Comment

Could be a great signing
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Been going for 25 years. I think hes aweful. Cant control a ball to save his life. He'll do alright for some one looking to stay up in the Championship or a League One side, but playing in the Premier League, come on now, thats a joke

Comment

Well in 25 years (+15 for me), I've seen a hell of a lot worse than Big Danny.
            Hundreds worse, but I can't be @rsed to name them all.

Even if your just comparing with other Centre Halves, Bob Malcom, Gus Caesar, Damien Stewart, Chris Plummer, were/are all worse.

I take your point he may not be Premiership class, in the same way that Hall, Connolly, Peter Ramage, Kasper Gorkks, Clint Hill are probably not either, but until we start signing Upson, Naughton (debatable), he's probably as good as we can afford !

Worst ever, my @rse.

Comment

It's a one year contract and he is just one player in a squad of 25 and a relatively cheap option with some experience in this league. Given that, I really don't see why people are complaining too much.

Good luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                Well in 25 years (+15 for me), I've seen a hell of a lot worse than Big Danny.
                Hundreds worse, but I can't be @rsed to name them all.

Even if your just comparing with other Centre Halves, Bob Malcom, Gus Caesar, Damien Stewart, Chris Plummer, were/are all worse.

I take your point he may not be Premiership class, in the same way that Hall, Connolly, Peter Ramage, Kasper Gorkks, Clint Hill are probably not either, but until we start signing Upson, Naughton (debatable), he's probably as good as we can afford !

Worst ever, my @rse.
                HIM!
                I really rated Damo Stewpeas myself though
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Not complaining mate, but given the number of games at top level standard, injuries, cups etc...every place in the 25 is critcal. We can prob only afford 8 defenders in the 25 and that includes LB & RB..so 3-4 CB's?

that puts it into a bit more perspective.
                  Like i said he's a good bloke and probably deserves another chance, just would be nice to aim a bit higher...? IMO

Comment

Well how about that for some £hite news?

We've just signed a 6ft 4 CB, bags of pace, great in the air, will shed blood for the club he loves, can play a bit, has international caps, played in the last world cup AND just bagged a Championship winners medal.
                    Terrible.
                    Just F'in terrible.

Wake up and smell the Nescafe you chumps.
                    This is little QPR with tight R's owners who have obviously shut the shop.
                    Welcome back to the big fella I say.
                    If only Furlong was 5 years younger I'd seriously welcome him back (might even now!)

Some people. Geeeshe!

FFS it's only July (again)
                    I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

I quite liked Stewart also, BUT

Not as good as Shittu, Big Dan gave me many more good memories than Damien.

All about opinions of course.

Comment

Originally posted by rblockells View Post
                        Bring him up for corners when we play Arsenal...easy goals
                        Exactly. Let's pretend we're Stoke City.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                          Big Dan gave me many more good memories than Damien.
                          Key word is memories,as in the past.

Too many looking through rose tinted spectacles and need to face the reality that Dan is not what he used to be.

Comment

Wouldn't mind big Dan accompanying us at the away games...

Comment

Working...
                            X