Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunderland have signed Wes Brown,O'shea and Gibson...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunderland have signed Wes Brown,O'shea and Gibson...

...from Man Utd for £12m the lot.So there are realistic deals to be down out there somewhere.

They have spent wisely.

Comment

sunderland will have a solid team, they just have to replace the goals left by darrent bent. connor wont provide that nor will gyan
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Talksport now confirm that personal terms yet to be agreed with Gibson.

Comment

Sunderland have bought well.

Comment

Jesus that sounds like good business.

Comment

Helps that bulldog face use to play under hairdryer as well dont forget
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Never rated Brown or O'Shea, both 30 / 31 and on 4 year deals and no doubt not cheap making them 34 / 35 before they will move on.

Not so sure in the long term these were such great deals 2 year contract at best for me.

And yes i am deluded as I think they are no better than what we have e.g. Gorks and Connerly.
                One for all.... and all for one

Comment

O'Shea's solid and experienced but Brown is injured most of the time (and not the player he was when he isn't) while Gibson is useless apart from the occasional screamer from distance. Not sure I'd call it value at £12m, just more of the usual Sir Alex dominion over his former underlings like with Keane.

Sunderland will have spent over £30m by now and would anyone really say they were that much stronger a team than they were before? You can almost understand T&C's reluctance to spend when the sums are this frightening just to tread water.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigears View Post
                    Never rated Brown or O'Shea, both 30 / 31 and on 4 year deals and no doubt not cheap making them 34 / 35 before they will move on.

Not so sure in the long term these were such great deals 2 year contract at best for me.

And yes i am deluded as I think they are no better than what we have e.g. Gorks and Connerly.
                    O'Shea and Brown - members of Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League winning sides. They've both made over 300 appearances for Manchester United and have an abundance of experience at the very top level. They've spent their entire careers being coached by one of the greatest managers of all time.

You make a valid point regarding the length of their contracts, but I'm afraid that you are deluded if you think Connolly and Gorkss are anywhere near as good as these two players. Completely deluded.

Comment

Looks like Fulham are getting John Arne Riise for £1.5m... that's what I call value.

Comment

Brown is massively under rated. I'm not saying he's world class, but the amount of people who say he's 's**t' is ridiculous. He's better than O'Shea in my opinion. Good CB and decent RB as well.
                        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Godfarther I did say i was deluded, but this is the reason behind my thinking, is that I think they have been carried by other members of that team which have covered over the cracks as each time i saw them i never that impressed and though they were the weak links which were never exploited.

They will now play in a team where the coaching and the players are not world class or any where near as good and they will not be able to cover over the cracks. If i am wrong then fair enough but only next season will tell.

Over out from Bigears deluded world:drunk:
                          Last edited by Bigears; 08-07-2011, 11:52 AM.
                          One for all.... and all for one

Comment

i think sky said it was 1 mil for brown and 5 for o'shea. I think they've got 2 great deals there, just look what Leicester payed for mills. Sunderland will be far better this season than they where for most of last.

Comment

Working...
                            X