Hoops striker hopes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoops striker hopes.

Latest update from NewsNowQPR. Nothing we already didn't know,but thought I'd post it anyway.

Quote:

Last Updated: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 09:32

QPR boss Neil Warnock has held another meeting with England striker Jay Bothroyd and will find out within 24 hours if he is to sign.

Tottenham appear to have the upper hand in negotiations after QPR had earlier baulked at the 28-year-old's wage demands, thought to be in the region of £50,000 a week.

The talks on Wednesday were an attempt to come to an agreement between the two parties, to try and finalise a deal suitable for both the club and the former Cardiff man.

QPR should find out before the weekend if they have won the race for the striker or not.

Well I certainly hope we don't pay him £50k a week.

Comment

I do not think that Spurs are interested in him.
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

£50k a week, wow he isn't that good, we could sign 2 very good players on that wage.

Comment

Re hash of the Fulham Chronicle story.

Comment

Considering Modric signed a 5 year deal for £40K a week last season he's having a laugh

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
              £50k a week, wow he isn't that good, we could sign 2 very good players on that wage.
              That is true, but if we signed him he would cost around £4M, so divide that over a three year deal, the £50,000 per week would break down like £25,000 signing on and £25,000 in wages. Also, if he has a good season and we get relegated, we could sell him at the end of the season for £3-£4M, so he could actually end up an asset.

Comment

Working...
              X