Reading between the lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading between the lines

1. T&C want to sell the club, but want as much cash as possible (perfect business sense). Although Cash i think is more eager to sell than Tango.
    2. They presumed the Mittals (or another party) would buy upon promotion.
    3. They arent releasing funds for transfers because of above.
    4. Cash wont allow the sacking of Warnock, and let Tango get in an Italian manager, which could be a positive.
    5. Warnock wont walk because he knows things will/might change shortly.

So the best way we as supporters can help our club is to support Neil and the boys more than we have ever done. It might just help get rid of Tango quicker.

If we have to start the season with a weaker squad than we ended last season (no Tarrabt or Routledge) and with no New Shirt or Sponsor then so be it. If it takes a relegation and sounder financial future then so be it.

But our club will live forever, and false messiahs will soon be gone.
    So come August 13th, just back the team.

I think they want to sell, which is why there is no transfer activity. I guess we will just have to wait.

Comment

Perhaps this is just wishful thinking but for them to have played hardball to this degree suggests to me that bidders are at the table and they know there's a deal to be done out there. Just senseless otherwise...

Comment

I think its quite sad how throughout the pre-season Warnock and the players have all been saying how much they rely on the great support and atmosphere at LR and how they're now going to have to rely on that more than ever....little do they know.

Comment

I am relying on#5 Devon.
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Devon, your analysis is exactly mirroring mine. It should be quite clear to everyone that E&B is playing hardball now, knowing Mittals are desperate to buy. I have always thought that a transaction is happening, but not imminent, but with the gambling going on right now (the CMS story) I think it is a matter of days or weeks before a takeover is concluded. if there wasn't a good chance of clinching a deal with the Muttals (or a third party) E&B wouldn't been so unsupportive of Warnock - it wouldn't make sense.

Bernie is a shrewd business man. He is not running such a high risk game with Warnock unless he feels he has good cards on his hand.

I encourage fans to be less downbeat and not let this poker play completely ruin your summer. I think it will turn out ok, with new owner(s) in July and still time to do all the transfers in August.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
              Devon, your analysis is exactly mirroring mine. It should be quite clear to everyone that E&B is playing hardball now, knowing Mittals are desperate to buy. I have always thought that a transaction is happening, but not imminent, but with the gambling going on right now (the CMS story) I think it is a matter of days or weeks before a takeover is concluded. if there wasn't a good chance of clinching a deal with the Muttals (or a third party) E&B wouldn't been so unsupportive of Warnock - it wouldn't make sense.Bernie is a shrewd business man. He is not running such a high risk game with Warnock unless he feels he has good cards on his hand.

I encourage fans to be less downbeat and not let this poker play completely ruin your summer. I think it will turn out ok, with new owner(s) in July and still time to do all the transfers in August.

Or they want a new manager in charge!
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

The club is at a premium right now who would buy at top dollar?

The price will only have to come down when we are getting slaughtered week in week out & will find ourselves in a relegation battle early on with the squad we have.

That's when I think you will see a bid for a takeover as 1) The price will HAVE to reduce & 2) T & C will be trying to offload big time before the price declines yet again as the season wears on.

My take on it anyway.

Comment

you forgot 6. we could be down by xmas.
                  Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                  Lovejoy: "No?!"
                  Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                  X