• Show
Clear All

Oh connolly please dont go
    wolves are a flash in the pan you know
    stick with the love that surrounds QPR
    your our best defender by far
    your young theres still plenty of time to be in the prem
    stay here with us dont leave on that bus
    Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

DFE - agree - after 75/76, we should have accepted some of those silly offers for the ageing players. Aside from turning on the magic again in the UEFA Cup and League Cup, the collective legs had gone for McLintock, Webb etc........Bowles and Francis also had bad injuries and were never the same players when they came back. Arsenal and Man Utd were offering world record fees for Francis and Bowles. Arsenal offered a swap involving Alan Ball and Peter Storey for Francis that Mr Gregory turned down.

Comment

nodge

nodge yes you ate in the 30 per cent club you know your football son ill give you that
        gerry francis was a mate of one of my mates and actually told me himself that
        man utd wanted to give us 500 000 pounds for him
        if only we had a manager in that great season not a coach

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
          nodge yes you ate in the 30 per cent club you know your football son ill give you that
          gerry francis was a mate of one of my mates and actually told me himself that
          man utd wanted to give us 500 000 pounds for him
          if only we had a manager in that great season not a coach

Dex what qualfications do you have to judge people on their football knowledge.........prehaps from a bottle while watching QPR from an armchair in your front room.
          They seek him here.................

Comment

why change something that works though dex? Would be stupid to sell the clubs hottest prospect and possibly best defenders.

Comment

well

scarlet its all about opinion but to have an opinion you need a brain thats where i struggle man if only i had a brain

Comment

Selling one of our best defenders, team regular, young prospect is just foolish.
                Arguing with a scientist is like wrestling a pig in mud... sooner or later you;ll realise you're muddy and he's enjoying it.....

Comment

Would be crazy to sell one of our best players when we're supposed to be going for promotion.

Comment

qprmarc

qprmarc in an ideal world of course i would like to keep connolly but sometimes you need to realise that we are currently broke season tickets are down the sale of connolly and purchase of simon cox and beckford mean we become favourites for promotion season tickets go through the roof and we get promoted its like that sometimes
                    we must be ready and able to make decisions
                    alex ferguson wont be upset about ronaldo for long he will go out and buy some brilliant young tallent
                    we must try to copy ferguson

Comment

Sorry but we need Connolly more than the money, He seems to improve every game i have seen him in and i believe he will one day be our captain. Keep him + Gorkks let Stewpeas go if anyone tbh.Cant see him continuing his form of last year i'm afraid and he does seem to have awful lapse's in concentration
                      God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

Sell Hall and Stewert, bring in cranie.

Comment

sell sell sell

sell sell sell...sell sell sell....this is the most exiting opertunity since ferdy baby to create a load of money to bring in some serious firepower
                          lets do it lets show the division we can buy and sell like man utd

Comment

hang on a fish chuckin minute since when do we have to sell anyone? do we not have financial stability now or did i fall off the nicky nacky noo planet again?you dont sell the clubs best young prospect for years you build a team around those sort of players and thats exactly what fergie did at united.he can spot a player from a young age and connolly is getting better and better.sell hall he's average compared to connolly.
                            what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

well

well im afraid the opinion ive got whithin the club from my own inside man is that so far giannie has refused to part whith any of his players so we cant actually prove to the directors that we can raise revenue from within
                              dont forgett that flavio dosnt know what hes doing if he had ploughed that money into players that he spent on the boxes we would have probabley hit the play offs
                              if you remember all that money we got for sir les if that had been spent on two quality players from the lower divisions then we would have stayed up but wilkins screwed up big time

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                                DFE - agree - after 75/76, we should have accepted some of those silly offers for the ageing players. Aside from turning on the magic again in the UEFA Cup and League Cup, the collective legs had gone for McLintock, Webb etc........Bowles and Francis also had bad injuries and were never the same players when they came back. Arsenal and Man Utd were offering world record fees for Francis and Bowles. Arsenal offered a swap involving Alan Ball and Peter Storey for Francis that Mr Gregory turned down.

The fact that arsenal tried to tap up Francis and Phil Parks may have had something to do with the decision for Gregory not to sell any players to arsenal.

Comment

Working...
                                X