Some news today I reckon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some news today I reckon

I have never claimed to be ITK but as we have reached the 1st July and many players at all clubs contracts expired yesterday I have a feeling that we will at last officially announce some signings very shortly if not today

To be honest I dont blame the club too much for not wanting to pay a players wages any earlier then they should do apart from that we run the risk of not getting in early and missing out on the player

If they start signing today - as Pete assured us - then fair enough its sensible business. But if not, think it could get ugly as the excuses run out.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
      I have never claimed to be ITK but as we have reached the 1st July and many players at all clubs contracts expired yesterday I have a feeling that we will at last officially announce some signings very shortly if not today

To be honest I dont blame the club too much for not wanting to pay a players wages any earlier then they should do apart from that we run the risk of not getting in early and missing out on the player
      I agree.

I also have a feeling that having had our fingers burnt in the transfer market with the Faurlin saga that someone at the club is desperate to do everything by the book and therefore not announce any signing until the transfer window has officially opened. Although it's perfectly fine to announce them early I just have a feeling we haven't done so on purpose*.

*clutching at straws

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        If they start signing today - as Pete assured us - then fair enough its sensible business. But if not, think it could get ugly as the excuses run out.
        Tis true mate. I, personally,have been keeping optimistic up til now regarding the lack of/zero transfers purely based on the whole contracts running til end June malarky. So if they stil fail to materialise i think Ima start to worry ever so slightly!
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Let's hope so... A couple of "Warnock" signings would indicate that we will be ok in terms of Neil staying and surviving this season. A few more days of nothing happening would really get trap two twitching that the fat orange barsteward is going to wreck everything we achieved last season
          Fingers crossed
          From the Hills of Kerry
          To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Working...
          X