Be realistic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be realistic

Do the owners know that 25k does not match PL wages? I know that PL wages are overrated but we need to be realistic and increase our wage cap otherwise we will keep losing target players like Graham and Bothroyd and end up humiliated with a form like Derby.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Yousef. Who is going to be paying these wages?
    http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
      Yousef. Who is going to be paying these wages?
      Our Millionaire owners. Why did they invest in the club then? Why did they target to reach the PL since they cannot be up for it?
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

25k is more than enough. Blackpools was 10k wasnt it? and they took it to the last day.

Warnock will get the best out of players that other people would right off (ie Derry last year).
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
          Do the owners know that 25k does not match PL wages? I know that PL wages are overrated but we need to be realistic and increase our wage cap otherwise we will keep losing target players like Graham and Bothroyd and end up humiliated with a form like Derby.
          £25k doesn't match the dream buys such as Rooney and co. £25k is a very good wage for some solid Prem players, as well as up and coming ones.

You live in a dream world half the time, mate. We have a small ground. If we go paying silly wages and things don't work out, we are stuck with them, and we will go to the wall. If we have a really acceptional player who is interested, that yes - let's take a look, but for the majority of the squad, £25k is more than enough.
          Last edited by BennyBoyRs; 30-06-2011, 01:44 PM.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
            £25k doesn't match the dream buys such as Rooney and co. £25 is a very good wage for some solid Prem players, as well as up and coming ones.

You live in a dream world half the time, mate. We have a small ground. If we go paying silly wages and things don't work out, we are stuck with them, and we will go to the wall. If we have a really acceptional player who is interested, that yes - let's take a look, but for the majority of the squad, £25k is more than enough.
            Nails head has just been hit....
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Our Millionaire owners. Why did they invest in the club then? Why did they target to reach the PL since they cannot be up for it?

and back in the real world.....

I think fans need to take a look at themselves, they #### of the FB "boutique club" quote but now are saying that a player is UNDER paid at £1,300,000 per year?!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry I though 25k is much lower than PL standard. Of course I am not asking for 100k but at least we can go for 30k in some cases. Can't we?
                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Sorry I though 25k is much lower than PL standard. Of course I am not asking for 100k but at least we can go for 30k in some cases. Can't we?
                  Depends on the player. Are Graham, Bothroyd worth paying more than the current squad?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                    £25k doesn't match the dream buys such as Rooney and co. £25k is a very good wage for some solid Prem players, as well as up and coming ones.

Spot On. Better to be cautious, we don't want to be in even more debt if we are relegated. I think that a 25K limit is sensible.

Comment

Working...
                    X