Yearly Players Wage Bills/TV Broadcasting Income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yearly Players Wage Bills/TV Broadcasting Income

Would be interested to know where you think we would be in terms of annual payout to players?

These are last seasons figures

The top 5 were

Chelsea 174 Million
    Man City 133 million
    Man U 131 million
    liverpool 121 Million
    Arsenal 110 Million

Bottom 5

Wigan 39 Million
    Wolves 30 million
    Birmingham 38 million
    WBA 23 Million
    Blackpool 13 million

Just for the record TV rights and broadcasting vary from club to club for example.

Not sure why but Chelsea to Liverpool get 80-105 millions ( Probably because its around the world?

WBA, Blackpool, Newcastle actually got 16-18 million (which I presume goes up second year in Prem??)
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    Would be interested to know where you think we would be in terms of annual payout to players?

These are last seasons figures

The top 5 were

Chelsea 174 Million
    Man City 133 million
    Man U 131 million
    liverpool 121 Million
    Arsenal 110 Million

Bottom 5

Wigan 39 Million
    Wolves 30 million
    Birmingham 38 million
    WBA 23 Million
    Blackpool 13 million

Just for the record TV rights and broadcasting vary from club to club for example.

Not sure why but Chelsea to Liverpool get 80-105 millions ( Probably because its around the world?

WBA, Blackpool, Newcastle actually got 16-18 million (which I presume goes up second year in Prem??)
    It's to do with how many times you are on TV. The top sides are shown far more often so get much more.

Comment

I can't stress this site enough but if you want to look at the financial side of being in the Premiership look no further than
      http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011...ue-gamble.html

Comment

the words competitive league is relevant here. when teams are getting 100m in tv revenue than others it makes the league a little bit less competitive. more one-sided.. the days of a blackburn or newcastle winning the league over one of the bigger teams will never happen again.. well not until u spend 100mil+ like man city.
        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
        Lovejoy: "No?!"
        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Although you're guaranteed 10 live games in the prem I'm pretty sure 23 Liverpool league games were televised plus presumably several cup games so that's probably a big factor in the difference? S'pose Chelsea had a similarly high number aired too.

Comment

Working...
          X