A positive thread..feel free to contribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A positive thread..feel free to contribute

With out going into details I'm kinda having a hellish time in my personal life and well, I;ve taken a few hours out to read through the messageboards to cheer myself up - frigging bad idea!

Anyways, yeah no one has signed, yeah the Mittals were full of BS, yeah we're stuck with Flavio, yeah the prices are criminal etc etc etc

BUT

Obviously, the shysters at our club are just here until they sell and/or pass away (not wishing you any ill Bernie! - actually think Bernie is amazing) but, heh, they are just custodians. We were here before and we'll be here when they're gone.

We're all QPR fans and I wouldnt swop us or any club on the planet. I love being a QPR fan..what do you love about being a QPR fan? What memories, feelings, etc etc do you think of when being an R??

I'll tell you a few off the top of my head...completely random..

Our kit

Our name

The Birmingham game...when I was so so cold that it seemed as of singing and clapping and shouting and being at 1 with wild thing and the players was all that mattered..

Shittu being so pumped up for his comeback game

Loftus Road

The copper that shouted UUUURRRRsss at me yesterday as i was crossing the road.

Meeting some random dude in a bar in Cyprus three years ago who was an R and us just speaking and drinking for 6 hours...

YOU????

Pigbag
    Leg room in South Africa Road
    Sinclair's overhead kick
    Going to Old Trafford and winning 4-1
    Beating Palace 6-0

I'm with you - I wouldn't swap the R's for any team in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
      Pigbag
      Leg room in South Africa Road
      Sinclair's overhead kick
      Going to Old Trafford and winning 4-1
      Beating Palace 6-0

I'm with you - I wouldn't swap the R's for any team in the world.
      None of us would. But the R's we have now is a long way from the R's we grew up with......
      A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Dont read you E-mails.
        I thought they were only some pieces of info really
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Our kit

Plastic pitch

Fave players over the years, Hucker, Fereday, Bannister, Byrne, Sir Les, Impey, Sinton, McDonald to name but a few.

Our ground-yep I still love it.

Some great pals have met over the years

LSA coach, some of the funniest times of my life, my face used to ache from laughing.

Oldham game atmosphere

Champions at Watford & the night that followed.

1000's more memories but those are a few off the top of my head.

P.S. Hope things look up for you Scott, I have prob given you some stick in the past due to comments attributed to you but it seems you've been through a lot lately & I wouldn't wish that on anyone so really hope you get a slice of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
            Our kit

Plastic pitch

Fave players over the years, Hucker, Fereday, Bannister, Byrne, Sir Les, Impey, Sinton, McDonald to name but a few.

Our ground-yep I still love it.

Some great pals have met over the years

LSA coach, some of the funniest times of my life, my face used to ache from laughing.

Oldham game atmosphere

Champions at Watford & the night that followed.

1000's more memories but those are a few off the top of my head.

P.S. Hope things look up for you Scott, I have prob given you some stick in the past due to comments attributed to you but it seems you've been through a lot lately & I wouldn't wish that on anyone so really hope you get a slice of luck.

QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Shepherds bush boozers, small Gangways, warm beer, burnt pies, the Greek restaurant on uxbridge road, andy impey, Watford away.......never forget.
              http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post
                None of us would. But the R's we have now is a long way from the R's we grew up with......
                So so true!

But this is a positive thread so begone with your realism and reflect on what we love about the mighty Rs

Comment

I forgot (proper) pie and mash!!!!!!

Something introduced to me by an R about 15 years ago!!

Comment

But this is a positive thread so begone with your realism and reflect on what we love about the mighty Rs
                    I love the hundreds of thousands of memories (good, bad and ugly) I have from yester-year.

Comment

So so true!

Sorry......

Love the hoops....

Love the fact that no matter where you go in the world there is always a fellow R who is willing to share a beer or 5 and talk about the good old days.

Love Loftus Road, even if when I sit in ER and go for a fag at half time I am ashamed of the state of the ground. (Well at least the bits you can't see on the TV.)

Love the lack of leg room (surely my own fault for growing since the 70's).

Love the warm beer...

Used to love the Platinum Bar when I sat in SAR........ Enjoy Press guys.....

But most of all I love MY R's, no matter what our owners may do......

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Love that when I have a couple hours spare I can come on here and be entertained by many weirdos gassing up the place.
                        @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                          Love that when I have a couple hours spare I can come on here and be entertained by many weirdos gassing up the place.
                          Yes, but we are your weirdos.... And we are probably supported by the club and the OSC.......

Comment

I feel uncomfortable writing this message from a poorly air conditioned toilet at work, whilst sweating like a paedo in mothercare as I struggle to enjoys my post lunch turn out.
                            Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post
                              Sorry......

Love the hoops....

Love the fact that no matter where you go in the world there is always a fellow R who is willing to share a beer or 5 and talk about the good old days.

Love Loftus Road, even if when I sit in ER and go for a fag at half time I am ashamed of the state of the ground. (Well at least the bits you can't see on the TV.)

Love the lack of leg room (surely my own fault for growing since the 70's).

Love the warm beer...

Used to love the Platinum Bar when I sat in SAR........ Enjoy Press guys.....

But most of all I love MY R's, no matter what our owners may do......
                              That's more like it!

Comment

Working...
                              X