LSA Statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
    If the club sell seats to away fans or gobby tourist in SAR, what come back is there when the inevitable happens, as I am sure that would infringe some sort of PL segregation rule and SAR can not be designated a 'friendly' stand or whatever they call it at Fulham, as they have already sold ST's to home fans.
    Do I take it from this that you are planning to attack any tourists that turn up?
    Or should they only be let in if they stay quiet?

Comment

It would need a united front with say 10,000 fans to NOT do the following:

1) Buy even 1 item from club shop
      2) Buy a single program
      3) Buy a single burger or bottle of beer

If 10,000 home fans did that, then it would make a point.. Imagine 10,000 printed, unsold programs??

Fact is we cant get to the 10,000 fans needed, short of handing out leaflets in the pubs and surrounding area at about 12 noon on matchday, difficult to do.

We just need to hope they sell up fast, otherwise we wont stay in the Premiership long and probably find Neil walks.

Comment

Originally posted by stanleymarsh View Post
        Do I take it from this that you are planning to attack any tourists that turn up?
        Thats a very silly thing to say, but whats new.

Not me but there are plenty of people / groups in SAR who would object to someone celebrating in front of them, when we concede goal and in fairness, if they don't support QPR FC, they should not be sitting in those areas.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
          Thats a very silly thing to say, but whats new.

Not me but there are plenty of people / groups in SAR who would object to someone celebrating in front of them, when we concede goal and in fairness, if they don't support QPR FC, they should not be sitting in those areas.

seen many an away fan get a kick over the years for cheering an opponents goal..shouldnt be in amongst the home fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
            It would need a united front with say 10,000 fans to NOT do the following:

1) Buy even 1 item from club shop
            2) Buy a single program
            3) Buy a single burger or bottle of beer

If 10,000 home fans did that, then it would make a point.. Imagine 10,000 printed, unsold programs??

Fact is we cant get to the 10,000 fans needed, short of handing out leaflets in the pubs and surrounding area at about 12 noon on matchday, difficult to do.

We just need to hope they sell up fast, otherwise we wont stay in the Premiership long and probably find Neil walks.
            Sadly none of the above will ever work with these owners, they'll just laugh at you.

The only way they will ever take notice is if people dont go to games, which will never happen; as too many ppl cant wait to see rooney, are rangers til they die etc., and it seems they like getting rogered by a midget and a orange man.

Save your time and hope the owners get bored with qpr.

Comment

Well said Nodge, my exact point on the original post.

LSA should be speaking to the OSC not slagging them off.
              That's an insult to the memory of Daphne B. God bless her.

It's all well and good saying the OSC are in bed with the Club and will toe the line, but from where I'm standing BOTH supporter groups are raising the same concerns about the ticketing policy being too high and unfair on loyal supporters.
              STRENGTH IN UNITY, whilst divided we'll fall.
              As much as I agree (I'd decided to boycott all merchandise weeks ago) with the LSA stance, the reality is - it will hurt QPR more than it will ever hurt T&C. Less available to fans or for NW and the squad.
              If Tango isn't bothered about a £20 fan, he ain't bothered about the profit in a £4 pint, £3 burger or programme. Anyone really believe Cash is concerned personally with his billions ? Not buying new shirts/kit will hurt a little but there'll be plenty being bourght & worn (once the Club finally decides to show and sell them.
              Truth is Thousands more QPR fans not aligned to OSC or LSA or messageboards than are.
              Final thought, with the 'Loyal' Supporters Association looking down their noses at the OSC from their self imposed perch, how do you think an OSC member feels about the inference that they are NOT deemed 'Loyal' ?
              As I say insulting to those that arrange and raise funds within the OSC.

And I ask that as a supporter who has much more of an affinity to an Independant group having attended many more LSA events than OSC events.

Although sadly, I was working yesterday 30 miles away and didn't see notification of the meeting until an hour before the actual meeting.
              Last edited by QPR1976; 20-06-2011, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post

It's all well and good saying the OSC are in bed with the Club and will toe the line, but from where I'm standing BOTH supporter groups are raising the same concerns about the ticketing policy being too high and unfair on loyal supporters.
                As much as I agree (I'd decided to boycott all merchandise weeks ago) with the LSA stance, the reality is - it will hurt QPR more than it will ever hurt T&C. Less available to fans or for NW and the squad.
                If Tango isn't bothered about a £20 fan, he ain't bothered about the profit in a £4 pint, £3 burger or programme. Anyone really believe Cash is concerned personally with his billions ? Not buying new shirts/kit will hurt a little but there'll be plenty being bourght & worn (once the Club finally decides to show and sell them.
                Truth is Thousands more QPR fans not aligned to OSC or LSA or messageboards than are.
                Final thought, with the 'Loyal' Supporters Association looking down their noses at the OSC from their self imposed perch, how do you think an OSC member feels about the inference that they are NOT deemed 'Loyal' ?

And I ask that as a supporter who has much more of an affinity to an Independant group having attended many more LSA events than OSC events.

Although sadly, I was working yesterday 30 miles away and didn't see notification of the meeting until an hour before the actual meeting.
                Indeed.

As Ian Brown once said "there's no point in moaning about (it)
                , you gotta get in there. Stamp it out, trample on them..."

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post

I think this needs nipping in the bud quickly before a non existant war breaks out between the LSA and OSC as there is no animosity at all

I am speaking only as a Life Member as its been a few years since I sat on the committee but I can honestly say there is no bad feeling towards the OSC at all apart from their silence on the recent matters and I think all of us agree they should be a little more transparent

Comment

Well I for one wont be buying anything from the club shop or anything in the ground as after ive bought my walk up ticket I wont be able to afford to buy anything else and im not jokeing! My match day experience is gonna alter quite alot!
                    LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by stanleymarsh View Post
                      Couple of seasons back 3 Cardiff fans mouthing off & then cheered a taffy goal in SAR B block, told them to sit down & be a bit sensible nope another goal jumping up punching the air giving it to some of our more mongy fans so me & a pal followed them downstairs & weighed them in, in the kazi.

Fair game as far as I'm concermed after being given opportunitys to be quiet in a home stand. So that's the point Paul is making. Plenty of people that just won't have it & next season will see plenty of that happening.

Before I get a holier than thou onslaught no we're not nutters we're just not mugs.

Comment

i

I agree with jethro,HES RIGHT WE NEED TEN THOUSAND,or forget it,the owners know that if we take off like a rocket and top five it the fans will flock back in there thousands

look at wimbledon when they played at selhurst they only had five thousand fans so the club used to get ten thousand oponents to travel to wimbledon ,it became a big party day out,

SUPPORT JEFFRO ONLY HE CAN LEAD US TO THE PATHS OF RIGHTOUSNESS
                        PEACE AND HARMONY
                        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Do a leaflet drop outside the ground and ask people to sign up with a MB or group so that we can start building a bigger clout basis.

Comment

From my perspective (and speaking as an ex LSA member of many years standing), the LSA do have somewhat of an image problem. Now, I'm no spring chicken but to these eyes, the LSA membership does seem to be largely centred around a 45 - 60 year old demographic, possibly the result of the original set up of the LSA back in 1987 - offering decent coach travel and a nice beer every now and then. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

It does, in my view, need modernisation to make the Club take the organisation more seriously and gain greater media exposure. Is there anyone within the LSA organising links with local and national journo's, banging home the message via Facebook & Twitter etc as well as the LSA website. Reaching and retaining new members etc etc....with be far easier to manage with PL exposure and wider interest with the nationals.

The LSA still has a big profile and recognition factor within the larger fanbase but really need to make it work for them, and the club.

This is in no way slating the LSA or the excellent community initiatives they assist with but perhaps it's time to look at a big picture?
                            Last edited by Nodge70; 20-06-2011, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                              I agree with jethro,HES RIGHT WE NEED TEN THOUSAND,or forget it,the owners know that if we take off like a rocket and top five it the fans will flock back in there thousands

look at wimbledon when they played at selhurst they only had five thousand fans so the club used to get ten thousand oponents to travel to wimbledon ,it became a big party day out,

SUPPORT JEFFRO ONLY HE CAN LEAD US TO THE PATHS OF RIGHTOUSNESS
                              PEACE AND HARMONY
                              Ted, we need ten thousand fans to do it not 300 from WATRB's.

These owners are too big and too powerful.
                              We need to hope they go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                                Couple of seasons back 3 Cardiff fans mouthing off & then cheered a taffy goal in SAR B block, told them to sit down & be a bit sensible nope another goal jumping up punching the air giving it to some of our more mongy fans so me & a pal followed them downstairs & weighed them in, in the kazi.

Fair game as far as I'm concermed after being given opportunitys to be quiet in a home stand. So that's the point Paul is making. Plenty of people that just won't have it & next season will see plenty of that happening.

Before I get a holier than thou onslaught no we're not nutters we're just not mugs.
                                I understand the away fan bit, I just didn't see why anyone would be picking on Japanese tourists who want to come along

Comment

Working...
                                X