The real Queens Park Rangers FC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real Queens Park Rangers FC

is not about signing big name players, if you look at our club's history we have either nurtured our own or spotted young talent from lower league clubs and developed them into good top flight players or internationals.

Bar Wegerle and maybe one or two other that we have spent large amounts on ( Currie, Sinclair) the big money signings have flopped.

I agree the club has to spend but, good young up and coming players signed from lower league clubs and money spent on our youth system is the way forward.

Every club has it's own persona, Queens Park Rangers isn't about big money signings, never has been and probably should never be.

We have our place in the English game, it's a unique one, and one that should be treasured, for the first time, you can hear fans from other clubs saying they hate QPR, even in our pomp you hardly ever heard that.

The big boys are about spending the big bucks, it's in they DNA, we have to go back to our roots, spotting talent early, nurturing it, selling and repeating the process, that is QPR!!!!!!!!!

The whole 75-76 team.
    Allen, Goddard, Waddock, Hucker, Dawes, Neil, Bannister, Byrne, Barker,Seaman, Fenwick, Parker, Sir Les, Wilson, Bardsley, McDonald, Peacock, Sinton, Crouch.

I know I have missed out several others, but I just wanted to highlight my point.

With all this perceived wealth, lets not forget who we are!!!!
    Last edited by californiahoop; 19-06-2011, 11:32 PM.
    Kept the faith!

Good post, but we dont have a good youth setup and doubt if our wonderfull saviours tango & cash will be interested in improving that any time soon.
    It costs money and hey are just not into that.
    They seek him here.................

Comment

Fair point
      although Web Mclintock Hollins were top line players when then came to us, we spent what was a decent amount at the time on Givens, Dave thomas wasnt exactly free from Burnley neither was masson Jim gregory invested in that team
      its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
        Good post, but we dont have a good youth setup and doubt if our wonderfull saviours tango & cash will be interested in improving that any time soon.
        It costs money and hey are just not into that.
        I hear ya, but even if we get rid of the Tango & Cash and the Mittels take over I think this should be the way forward

A few old heads to get us on our way then an investment in our scouting system and our youth policy.
        Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
          Fair point
          although Web Mclintock Hollins were top line players when then came to us, we spent what was a decent amount at the time on Givens, Dave thomas wasnt exactly free from Burnley neither was masson Jim gregory invested in that team
          Yep, Givens was a Man U youth? Thomas young up and coming from Burnley, Masson Notts C, Frank M. and Hollins experience heads.

Just the type of signing we need now.

As I said I know we need to spend but we can do it sensibly.
          Kept the faith!

Comment

I agree to a certain extent to what your saying mate but this forward thinking of devloping youth players and making better players of lower league players just dont come into this current boards remit! Its a shame really as we have a manager who really likes to bring the youth team players through! Rangers have bought through some wonderful youth team players in the past and its about time we started doing it again!
            LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

we got Givens from Luton Town after he gave us the right run around

Personally I would look at dutch and belgien youngsters for bargains I dont think there are enough english youngster with decent technical ability although I agree with the principle

I think the chances of picking up the new Darren Peacock from league one or 2 now are slim
              its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Fair point

If i remember Givens cost 40k from Luton he must have paid that back a dozen times over.
                And Jim Gregory went straight out after Busby broke his leg and paid 180k for thomas who was rated the best young player in europe, a lot of money in those days for a club like our's.

Comment

we got Givens from Luton Town after he gave us the right run around

Personally I would look at dutch and belgien youngsters for bargains I dont think there are enough english youngster with decent technical ability although I agree with the principle

I think the chances of picking up the new Darren Peacock from league one or 2 now are slim

I remember that game away to luton, yep they played him as a winger and he did give us a bit of a roasting, but we got a draw though....

Comment

Sorry he did come from Luton, I think he started at Man U, but proves my point.

I remember us signing Sinclair and Byrne after playing against them in cup games.(Blackpool and York)

Didn't we sign Stainrod after playing Mansfield?
                    Last edited by californiahoop; 20-06-2011, 12:15 AM.
                    Kept the faith!

Comment

Cali is merely pointing out that we are a 18,000 fan club, know your station, and if the owners do not want to go into debt, who could blame them? name me a top english side that is not in debt, I'd say arsenal, that's it. If you ran a business, would you want to be in debt? well it so happens that so many english clubs are. And thank heaven we are not.
                      Last edited by waterbuffalo; 20-06-2011, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X