Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would persuade you to get a season ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecclestones private jet, with Max Moseley and "guests" on board to take me to the games and back home again.

Comment

For the board to realise that we are only playing in the championship and there is a recession, so they should rethink prices and go with common sense and a fuller ground.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

no persuasion needed I'm a qpr fan end of.
        what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

yeah

simon cox

Comment

Strikers - end of.

Comment

Originally posted by big ade View Post
              no persuasion needed I'm a qpr fan end of.
              Same for me.Renewed in Febuary.Look forward to my saturdays too much.

Comment

I was very disllusioned by the sacking of Sousa. It said a lot about the mindset of the board, and their short-sightedness. For this reason, I will not renew, after many years in SA Road.

Despite the injection of cash (which may actually be illusory, if I am to believe the story that says that all they have done is restructure the loan, rather than repay it), I am left, sadly, with the sense that the club has abandoned us. Briatore's remark about him not caring about the "£20 fans" horrified me, even though I pay a lot more than that. I don't understand why the remark hasn't enraged more people in the Loft and P/Q/R block, which I have to presume it was aimed at.

People who say they would buy a season ticket if celebs were paraded around before the game, just leave me open-mouthed in horror.

Maybe it's an age thing. From reading the messages this evening, this does seem to be a forum for people in their mid-teens. And nothing wrong with that. I was a huge QPR fan from 8 onwards.

But it does explain why my perspective is different.

No season ticket for me this year, though I will go to the odd game.

The idea of the Saturday ST/ weekday ST incidentally is a good one, though has been around for some time. Some clubs implement this scheme already, so (without wanting to sound churlish) the poster who mentioned it should really have said that it wasn't his idea. I do think it would work at Rangers. Plenty of people have trouble getting in for Tuesday games.

Comment

Originally posted by will carter View Post
                  I was very disllusioned by the sacking of Sousa. It said a lot about the mindset of the board, and their short-sightedness. For this reason, I will not renew, after many years in SA Road.

Despite the injection of cash (which may actually be illusory, if I am to believe the story that says that all they have done is restructure the loan, rather than repay it), I am left, sadly, with the sense that the club has abandoned us. Briatore's remark about him not caring about the "£20 fans" horrified me, even though I pay a lot more than that. I don't understand why the remark hasn't enraged more people in the Loft and P/Q/R block, which I have to presume it was aimed at.

People who say they would buy a season ticket if celebs were paraded around before the game, just leave me open-mouthed in horror.

Maybe it's an age thing. From reading the messages this evening, this does seem to be a forum for people in their mid-teens. And nothing wrong with that. I was a huge QPR fan from 8 onwards.

But it does explain why my perspective is different.

No season ticket for me this year, though I will go to the odd game.

The idea of the Saturday ST/ weekday ST incidentally is a good one, though has been around for some time. Some clubs implement this scheme already, so (without wanting to sound churlish) the poster who mentioned it should really have said that it wasn't his idea. I do think it would work at Rangers. Plenty of people have trouble getting in for Tuesday games.
                  One point to make is that you suggest that the board and the club are one thing. IMO they are not. They are only custodians of the club and the club will be there long after they have gone. So to not renew due to the mindset and short-sightedness of the board is something I would never do. No matter how annoyed I might be with the board and the decisions they make it would not stop me from getting a season ticket or going to games assuming I had the time and the finances. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by qprgentina View Post
                    One point to make is that you suggest that the board and the club are one thing. IMO they are not. They are only custodians of the club and the club will be there long after they have gone. So to not renew due to the mindset and short-sightedness of the board is something I would never do. No matter how annoyed I might be with the board and the decisions they make it would not stop me from getting a season ticket or going to games assuming I had the time and the finances. Just my opinion.
                    Glad to hear your opinion, though with respect, you are being a little pedantic.

"The club" can mean either the corporate face of QPR, or it could mean the loose association of people that make up the fanbase, heritage and culture of QPR. It should have been clear from the context which I meant.

Loyal as I have been over 40 years or so, there comes a time when I feel strongly enough to want to force the board to change direction. I've tried the more usual means of communication (letters and email) though I've had no proper reply, and there is certainly no evidence that my views have changed anything. Ultimately, as individuals, we decide how we respond to one punch in the face after another punch in the face. Some people are evidently content to keep on grinning as the slaps arrive.

Personally, I've had enough.

As you say, QPR is bigger than any individual or any snobbish Italian egomaniac. One of us has to give up first. Let's see if Briatore can out-stare me.
                    Last edited by will carter; 13-06-2009, 04:10 AM.

Comment

renewed ages back...despite moans i am LOYAL and want success for qpr but believe the fans are being cast aside...imo.
                      why?

to encourage more, offer a free home cup tie ( we may not get one)??

Comment

Naked women doing round the pole at half-time. :exciting:

Comment

3 exciting signings.

Ched Evans / Beckford and a quality ball playing centre half.
                          :drunk:

Comment

Already paid for our season tickets
                            for 2009/2010.
                            Heaven is full of true great Q.p.r players & fans
                            May they all Rest in Peace.

Comment

Working...
                            X