Getting rid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid

I realise virtually everyone on here - me included - is worried, waiting to see if the board will give Warno the backing he needs. But just one very small argument the other way - could Warno be doing more to off-load some of our dead wood? I realise players like Agyman and Vine on inflated contracts are like houses stuck on the market for double the price they are ever going to fetch.

But if I was Flavio and Benie I would take a look at our squad - and it is pretty massive - and say "what are you doing with all these players?" The wages alone must be crippling.

Should the fringe players actually be put on a transfer list to alert other clubs to their availability? And say we were interested in a Long or a Maynard or a CMS surely there are players we could offer the other way: we all joke about Hulse but for Peterborough wouldn't he be quite a good acquisition?

I can also think of several fringe players who would do well in the Championship, and not just the dead wood. I know he has his fans on here but realistically players like Ephraim, German or Van Moen even Orr might struggle to get a look in next season - why not dangle them as bait?

i think you're right. but then the question is, if warnock does get rid of the likes of aggy, vine, moen etc, will the board give him the backing he needs to get good enough replacements for them?
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      But just one very small argument the other way - could Warno be doing more to off-load some of our dead wood? I realise players like Agyman and Vine on inflated contracts are like houses stuck on the market for double the price they are ever going to fetch.
      NW clearly don't want them, but as the club wont pay up their contracts, he is stuck with them.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
        NW clearly don't want them, but as the club wont pay up their contracts, he is stuck with them.
        They need to bite the bullet and pay them off
        http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

or could it be he needs to see who he can get in before he knows who he can safford to lose

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post
            or could it be he needs to see who he can get in before he knows who he can safford to lose
            Think at least half a dozen players are so far down the pecking order that even with the squad we have now and a major injury crisis they wouldn't get in the team.

Comment

i agree in principal with your views , people like vine and dav unfortunately we are stuck with , he should just do a mass clearout and force the board to make sure we replace, would rather have a strong 25 squad then a crap 40 man one

Comment

Working...
              X