Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    I'd be happy with those 3.

It would be great to get the 2 youngsters at fullback but I still think we need a decent centre back. I guess he would be out of our price range but there doesn't seem to be much interest in Roger Johnson so wouldn't mind him but again probably to ambitious.
    Well in fairness those 3 wouldnt cost much..

Bullard well rumoured to be a loan, Boothroyd a freebie (a very good one at that) and Routledge 1m maybe slightly more...

Id expect 3 more then that WILL cost the board.. Agree we need a powerful CB..
    Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post
      Well in fairness those 3 wouldnt cost much..

Bullard well rumoured to be a loan, Boothroyd a freebie (a very good one at that) and Routledge 1m maybe slightly more...

Id expect 3 more then that WILL cost the board.. Agree we need a powerful CB..
      I thought Bullard was a permanent deal - could be wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        People were mentioning a loan... Not sure myself to be honest but thats what a large amount of people were saying last week..
        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

my guess is Naughton and Bullard.
          Maybe Routs will sign once he sees who we get.

Comment

All I keep reading is how DHull won't be prepared to loan him again as they want him off their pay bill etc......

So it's either a signing or nowt - unless of course all those stories about what DHull want are trash
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I know a lot don't rate him but for me Matthew Upson on a free transfer would be excellent business. Yes he had a nightmare season but last summer he was first choice in the world cup for England. OK so it doesn't make him a world beater but it does mean he isn't going to be fazed facing a Drogba or Rooney. Just as one of the unsung heroes of our great team was Frank Mclintock think there is a lot to be said for bringing in one grizzled older centre back. You saw how Ian Evett lost the game for Blackpool at Old Trafford because he panicked and was over-awed. Upson would take it all in his stride and would be particularly useful if we have two talented but raw full backs (Naughton and Betrand).
              Well said. Upson aint as bad as people make out. Better then what we have, and we won't attract many better.
              @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                Well said. Upson aint as bad as people make out. Better then what we have, and we won't attract many better.
                seconded. he has something that only one of our other centre backs has, and thats prem experience. i'd have him at QPR all day long.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                  All I keep reading is how DHull won't be prepared to loan him again as they want him off their pay bill etc......

So it's either a signing or nowt - unless of course all those stories about what DHull want are trash
                  Hull City can't afford to pay him 45k pw so if its a loan deal they will be expecting us to pay at least 50% of his weekly wedge.Bullard wont leave Hull as he knows nobody will pay him anywere near the 45k he's on.
                  All points towards a season loan imho.
                  Last edited by EYR; 17-06-2011, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                    Been so many ive lost track?
                    Bothroyd and davesview. Dave speaks to him everyday.

Comment

I know a lot don't rate him but for me Matthew Upson on a free transfer would be excellent business. Yes he had a nightmare season but last summer he was first choice in the world cup for England. OK so it doesn't make him a world beater but it does mean he isn't going to be fazed facing a Drogba or Rooney. Just as one of the unsung heroes of our great team was Frank Mclintock think there is a lot to be said for bringing in one grizzled older centre back. You saw how Ian Evett lost the game for Blackpool at Old Trafford because he panicked and was over-awed. Upson would take it all in his stride and would be particularly useful if we have two talented but raw full backs (Naughton and Betrand).
                      I can't disagree with you there.

I actually think that a back four of Bougherra, Upson, Bertrand and Naughton would be a superb starting defence for a newly promoted team. That would please me a lot. Like you, I'm not a big fan of Upson, but he's far better than we have. Hill and Rambo would be decent enough backup to that set of players. Both fullback positions covered, and either can play CB. Of course, I'm not saying I'm happy with Hill and Rambo as long-term Prem full-backs, but they can cover, so we have options with injuries.

It's a squad game.
                      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                        I can't disagree with you there.

I actually think that a back four of Bougherra, Upson, Bertrand and Naughton would be a superb starting defence for a newly promoted team. That would please me a lot. Like you, I'm not a big fan of Upson, but he's far better than we have. Hill and Rambo would be decent enough backup to that set of players. Both fullback positions covered, and either can play CB. Of course, I'm not saying I'm happy with Hill and Rambo as long-term Prem full-backs, but they can cover, so we have options with injuries.

It's a squad game.
                        Agree that would be the dream realistic back four for us (if that makes sense), personally would prefer Basong to Bougherra but appreciate that's probably unrealistic. However the ITK crew don't seem to be mentioning any centre backs at all. Given that I'd have thought one of Gorks, Hall, Connolly would feature next season but its just my reading from the outside.

Comment

Working...
                        X