Ryan Bertrand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Bertrand

QPR line up moves to sign Tottenham defender Kyle Naughton and Chelsea's Ryan Bertrand

Newly promoted Premier League club also target free agent Jay Bothroyd, Blackpool’s DJ Campbell and Hull’s Jimmy Bullard as Neil Warnock begins Queens Park Rangers are in talks to sign Tottenham and Chelsea’s youthful full-backs Kyle Naughton and Ryan Bertrand, Goal.com can reveal.

Manager Neil Warnock has identified the England Under-21 internationals as two of his principal targets as he prepares to beef up his squad ahead of QPR’s return to the Premier League.

Warnock is also lining up moves for free agent Jay Bothroyd, Blackpool’s DJ Campbell and Hull City midfielder Jimmy Bullard.

Goal.com understands that the QPR manager will have a summer kitty of between £10 million and £15m to bring in new blood.

He has identified right-back, left-back, central midfield and centre forward as the key positions that require improving.

Rangers have enquired about taking Naughton, who came through the ranks at Sheffield United and was on the verge of making the first team when Warnock was manager, on a season-long loan. The newly promoted club also want first option on a £4m deal to sign the right-back if they stay up in the Premier League.

Spurs are willing to allow Naughton to go out on loan again following spells at Middlesbrough and Leicester City as there will be fierce competition for the right-back position at White Hart Lane next season, with Kyle Walker strongly tipped to establish himself as first choice ahead of Vedran Corluka and Younes Kaboul. Alan Hutton, who is a target for Aston Villa, Fulham and Sunderland, is expected to leave the club.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...-kyle-naughton

Either well informed or a lot of guess work.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

Well informed these r rangers main targets

Comment

Bertrand is someone I've been mentioning for a few years now. Quality player.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Not a bad list, but to be honest my sights were set incredibly high by flavio and his quotes

Comment

Originally posted by WALKONBY View Post
            Well informed these r rangers main targets
            Cheers dude
            Kept the faith!

Comment

Thanks Walk.

Be happy with those.

The full backs are both skillful and get forward which is one of the crucial things you need in the prem. Good to see willingness to bring on silky young talent.

Bullard if fit still has a lot to offer imo.

Bothroyd alternating/ combining with DJ is never going to win us the golden boot but could see both getting into double figures.

One concern is think we need one more holding midfielder as unless Bullard sits deep with Faurlin are we expecting Derry to go all season?

Comment

Perfect. And Routledge?

Comment

Also Pete said Naughton had been ruled out...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                    Bertrand is someone I've been mentioning for a few years now. Quality player.
                    only seen him recently in the 21s but looks a quality youngster

Comment

good list of players,throw a couple of loans in and were be ok
                      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

I cannot tell you how much I want Ryan Bertrand to sign, but I don't do that start a pointless thread saying who we should buy but we're not linked to them so it's stupid

( Naughton & Bertrand would just be un-real )
                        Under Les Ferdinand:
                        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Bougherra / Upson not mentioned.
                          I guess CH is not seen as a priority then.

Comment

I personally think bullard will sit more deeper than people expect if he does sign...making the odd run forward when possible.... at ipswich he was pick the ball up quite deep and just spraying the ball around and would pop up with a screamer every now and again.... if he can do that for us in the prem it would be pefect...

Bertand would be a very good signing....

Comment

Working...
                            X