Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re our "saviours"

remember they totally saved us....
    how much compensation have we paid out re the long line of sacked managers?
    then add the fa fine..sheila marson....
    we won't mention refurb of corporate cos that brings in cash but £10k lights?
    at a guess £5m?? would that be on top of the debts we have, approx£25m??
    the debt near doubled under our saviours....and prices up 70% in 3 years....

if that's being saved, i'd hate someone to like qprfc.

summed up...why couldn't we celebrate going up, a parade should have been organised and build on the good feeling...the bubble burst with (expected) price rises...yep £40 for a prem game may seem vfm and to others be unaffordable.

You make perfect sense.

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
      remember they totally saved us....
      how much compensation have we paid out re the long line of sacked managers?
      then add the fa fine..sheila marson....
      we won't mention refurb of corporate cos that brings in cash but £10k lights?
      at a guess £5m?? would that be on top of the debts we have, approx£25m??
      the debt near doubled under our saviours....and prices up 70% in 3 years....

if that's being saved, i'd hate someone to like qprfc.

summed up...why couldn't we celebrate going up, a parade should have been organised and build on the good feeling...the bubble burst with (expected) price rises...yep £40 for a prem game may seem vfm and to others be unaffordable.
      Some good points.

Can you answer honestly, Do you think we would be in the Prem without them?

I don't think we would and time will tell if I'd rather be back in the Championship.

Comment

Don't mention the word 'parade' on here...........some people will get the hump!
        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
          Some good points.

I don't think we would and time will tell if I'd rather be back in the Championship.
          Exactly my thoughts.

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
          Don't mention the word 'parade' on here...........some people will get the hump!
          I don't remember anyone getting the hump, Dave. Personally, I wasn't bothered and found it strange how some people got so uptight about it. We're back, and that's enough for me. I celebrated plenty enough myself, so I didn't need a parade to revel this moment.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Can you answer honestly, Do you think we would be in the Prem without them.
            No one knows where we would have been as it was 4 years ago, so its a mute point, as we could have got promoted the following season or the one after or the on after that, unlikely, but can anyone prove that we would not have, no, so it would end up in an "if my Auntie had bollo55ks, she would be my uncle, bitchfest.

What we have had though is everything themodfather said, but the most important points are we have had 2 1/2 wasted years, ripped the fan base to pieces with massive price rises, killed the acoustics of W12 by introducing top, middle and bottom price ranges.

Fans and atmosphere (the 12th man) are the two things needed most to help the players on the pith and our saviors have ****ed both up.
            Last edited by paulmason; 17-06-2011, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Some good points.

We would've been in the Premier League about 4 years ago had we appointed Neil Warnock then instead of Hart, Sousa, Magilton, Harford etc etc

The 2 reasons are one, NW and two, that tango man has stayed away.

Now the bright lights of Premiership football are bag, Tango can boost his ego and profile on the main stage again. Don't forget no F1 for him now, and he's fast becoming a nobody....here is his perfect chance to be noticed again.

Warnock will go before September 1st and we'll be down by Xmas.
              :drunk:

Comment

Too much negativity !!

We would never be in the premiership without them. Of course it prices out people, but thats more the blame of SKY and market forces. Our prices are comparable with all other premiership clubs

We've taken 15 years to come out of the wilderness and only 10 years ago we were in freefall with greats like Rodney Marsh saying we were heading for the conference.

We are one of the smallest fanbases to have ever graced the New Premiership and even if its for one season, we should enjoy it.

Sorry to be so positive but I feel strongly about it.
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Pete, your talking rubbish utter rubbish, prices have inflated due to the huge debt that has been generated by bad management by them
                  Mainly Flavio! The debt would be half and we would have been promoted 2 years ago if they wouldnt have tried to buy the players and pick the team.

Comment

Sorry mate, not talking rubbish.

You have 18,000 capacity very hard not to accrue debt. Not many clubs show a credit and whilst these owners are in charge debt is insignificant.

Take Fulham 187 million in debt, we ain't nowhere near that. I think all this talk of how badly off we are is OTT. Yet, fans want us to waste more by spending millions on players

Guess its about opinions..

Its the way the owners act that gets me, no respect for the fanbase.

Today should be a day to enjoy, so don't want arguments
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Sorry Pete but your talking rubbish!
                      The debt is huge because the hireacy meddled with the team paying unnecessary wages on average players, stupid amounts on compensation for managers that werent allowed to pick the team and buy the players. First time we let a manager do what he wants we get promoted instead of all the fooling around !

Of course we would have been in debt but nowhere near the extent we are now so wouldn't have had to charge stupid prices to pay for the mistakes of interfearance!

What has Fulham's debt got to do with our situation? They spent big we can't be accused of that but that's not the argument here

Comment

totally agree with modfather! talking sense there mate!
                        LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Well I for one am going to enjoy the season in the top flight, visit the few grounds I haven't been to and get behind the team as anything else is out of my control.

All these negative posters can carry on as it won't ruin my season..

Comment

It's not about negativity it's about standing up for our club - if Warnock is backed and left to do the job then we will all be happy, Warnock has said though that Flavio is running the club and already we are linked with every Italian ever to kick a ball, due to his meddling we became a joke and debts mounted! Most are rightly aprehensive, you can be blinkered but Flavio is a cancer to the club our club we love!

Comment

Originally posted by singingranger View Post
                              It's not about negativity it's about standing up for our club - if Warnock is backed and left to do the job then we will all be happy, Warnock has said though that Flavio is running the club and already we are linked with every Italian ever to kick a ball, due to his meddling we became a joke and debts mounted! Most are rightly aprehensive, you can be blinkered but Flavio is a cancer to the club our club we love!

top post m8

Comment

Working...
                              X