Lower league players who have adapted to premier leagu life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower league players who have adapted to premier leagu life

I know most our squad will be out of there depth next season, and effort only gets you so far.. But..

There are always one or two players who step up and hold their own from the championship to the premiership.

In recent years:

Steven Hunt
    Roger Johnson
    Scott Dan
    Charlie Adam
    DJ Campbell
    Sidibie
    Leigthon Baines
    Tim Cahill

Some of these are now internationals and in Cahill's case; top class.

Do we have anyone, the likes of Derry/Faurlin/Gorrks that will suprise us??

Loads

Maynard, Bothroyd, Williams, Forest CB bane escapes me, Mills, King, Sharpe, Snodgrass, Gradel, and a few mote.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

I think Faurlin will make the step up and it won't be much of a surprise. He plays his position the best he can. It depends on the other players around him.

Comment

Faurlin will be class
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Beckford

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
            Loads

Maynard, Bothroyd, Williams, Forest CB bane escapes me, Mills, King, Sharpe, Snodgrass, Gradel, and a few mote.
            None of those play for us unfortunately, i am talking about who we have.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
              Faurlin will be class
              Confident that Faurlin will be class in PL, he needs to play next to an experienced player like derry tho.

Comment

Dont think theres any doubt Faurlin will be able to make the step up. I do think, however, whoever plays the holding role alongside him will have a big say in how good Faurlin looks. This year Derry was magnificent and they complimented eachother brilliantly, but I do have my doubts as to whether the pace of the PL will eb too much for Derry which could result in Faurlin trying to do 2 players work an thus not looking as good as he could do with a different midfield partner.

Also have huge believe that, given a chance, Buzz's game would excel in the PL. Such a clever player with the ball.

He gets alot of stick but IMO, Connolly could be a very good centre half with a commanding talking partner at CB with him to keep him in line.

And obviously Kenny will be superb again, dont think theres any more than 6 PL keepers that are better?
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                  I know most our squad will be out of there depth next season, and effort only gets you so far.. But..

There are always one or two players who step up and hold their own from the championship to the premiership.

In recent years:

Steven Hunt
                  Roger Johnson
                  Scott Dan
                  Charlie Adam
                  DJ Campbell
                  Sidibie
                  Leigthon Baines
                  Tim Cahill

Some of these are now internationals and in Cahill's case; top class.

Do we have anyone, the likes of Derry/Faurlin/Gorrks that will suprise us??
                  Good question.

You can add Andy Carrol, Walcott to that list.
                  And going back a few years, Kevin Phillips, Andy Cole etc.. show that "lower league players" can step up easily.
                  I also think Faurlin has the tools and the game to step up. He has the vision and passing range.
                  Derry has the knowhow, Routledge has matured. Tommy Smith, Paddy Kenny too. Even HH has the movement and temperament to make an impact, even from the bench. Buzsaky (if he gets a chance)could surprise a few too. Technically very good, with more space to play.

Goes to show that players we might sign from "lower leagues" can also make the step up, like the list above shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilts View Post
                    Good question.

You can add Andy Carrol, Walcott to that list.
                    And going back a few years, Kevin Phillips, Andy Cole etc.. show that "lower league players" can step up easily.
                    I also think Faurlin has the tools and the game to step up. He has the vision and passing range.
                    Derry has the knowhow, Routledge has matured. Tommy Smith, Paddy Kenny too. Even HH has the movement and temperament to make an impact, even from the bench. Buzsaky (if he gets a chance)could surprise a few too. Technically very good, with more space to play.

Goes to show that players we might sign from "lower leagues" can also make the step up, like the list above shows.
                    Very good points made mate! HH in particular, althoughnot quite as good, plays the "Kevin Davies" role well and i think he will causes problems against the lower PL clubs next year and if he has some younger more skillful players to work off of him we could be in for an entertaining season!

I do genuinaly think we will do better than people are setting us out to expect!
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                    X