Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imminent QPR takeover?

Football agent Phil Smith's quote on Talksport this morning:

"I've got a working knowledge of whats going on there and its very difficult for Warnock. The one things he's never had is money and I dont think he's got any money at the moment and it just depends who takes over the place"

Sounds like he knows that a takeover is on the cards...

thanks for the info,
    but I put football agents a notch below child molesters and paedophiles, just my opnion of course.

Comment

An agent on a radio station.... Say no more.
      http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

I agree with buffalo and that includes former football agents as well!
        LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Or the Mittals returning as has been rumoured in the last 24 hours?....

Comment

Imminent..i dont think so. Nothing about what he says sounds like there about to be a takeover. I see it like this..Briatore and Bernie wanted the Mittals to take over. They clearly didnt agree a fee. If Bernie wants to sell the club for £100 Mil, and the Mittals made a bid worth around £20Mil then its clear they have totally different views on the value of the club. If we can stay up next season, then perhaps the Mittals COULD up there bid, but £100Million!! There no mugs! Thats why there rich! QPR is no where near worth that!!!!! I honestly feel Bernie and Briatore will be at the helm for a while. They'll have trouble selling us.

Comment

Originally posted by taarabt7 View Post
              Imminent..i dont think so. Nothing about what he says sounds like there about to be a takeover. I see it like this..Briatore and Bernie wanted the Mittals to take over. They clearly didnt agree a fee. If Bernie wants to sell the club for £100 Mil, and the Mittals made a bid worth around £20Mil then its clear they have totally different views on the value of the club. If we can stay up next season, then perhaps the Mittals COULD up there bid, but £100Million!! There no mugs! Thats why there rich! QPR is no where near worth that!!!!! I honestly feel Bernie and Briatore will be at the helm for a while. They'll have trouble selling us.

they just want far too much money for us if it is £100million like its been rumoured...

Comment

Originally posted by taarabt7 View Post
                More like Bernie/Flav wanting £60 mil. and the Mittals offering £45 mil.....

It's not over yet......

Comment

The 100 million... is that with all debts gone, what about the 60 million?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                    The 100 million... is that with all debts gone, what about the 60 million?
                    The 100 mil. was Bernie being erm.... Bernie: Talk it up. Stick a silly price on it and tell the media.... Then get down to negotiations.

That's his formula no matter what he's involved in. I guess it works!

Comment

Comment

Now, usually what I write turns out to be wrong but I had a gut feeling the Mittals would fail in their takeover bid all along. What is going to be interesting is to see what happens if Warnock signs 5-6 players that are no more than marginally better at best than what we've got-mostly freebies and loans, ( a very real possibility I reckon). We will then be favourites to go down. But I've a gut feeling that BE AND FB really do want out. I can see someone coming in when we're bottom around November and buying the club AND FB's share of the ground (+ taking on the debts) for a relatively low price (for a London Premiership club) then all bets will be off. Warnock gets significant money to spend in Jan, and the challenge then will be to see if he can keep us up which I think in those sort of circumstances he might just do.

Comment

Working...
                        X