No announcement yet.

Maybe he's got a point.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying a little bit more, say, £50 more, because we'll be playing in the premier league next season, for my season ticket.
    But, for £150 smackers extra, I just don't want to watch English football's finest turning up at Loftus Rd and trouncing us. Oh, no. I want to see a QPR side capable of competing against English football's finest, and indeed, forging a place at the top table alongside Manure, Liverfools, ArseAnal, etc, etc.

I'm paying the most I've ever payed to watch Queen's Park Rangers next season, and I want VALUE FOR MONEY.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
      Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying a little bit more, say, £50 more, because we'll be playing in the premier league next season, for my season ticket.
      But, for £150 smackers extra, I just don't want to watch English football's finest turning up at Loftus Rd and trouncing us. Oh, no. I want to see a QPR side capable of competing against English football's finest, and indeed, forging a place at the top table alongside Manure, Liverfools, ArseAnal, etc, etc.

I'm paying the most I've ever payed to watch Queen's Park Rangers next season, and I want VALUE FOR MONEY.
      I agree Whole heartedly and my ticket for last year was 550.00 after early bird and this year 750.00 up 200.00. Now that is a kick in the teeth unless our squad is reasonably strengthened.

If we survive god knows whats instore for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
        But pete, they are only loaning us the money, if they want good gate's build a bigger stadium so's we can compete with average prem clubs.

Staying at Loftus rd and charging chelsea prices is suicide for the club, we will never be able to sustain a place in the prem as it stands.

LR is one of the smallest grounds in the championship never mind the prem.

No forsight at this club, not since the days of jim Gregory.

If the owners want us to compete and stay, then have some balls and build a stadium fit for the prem.
        I agree our ambitions will always be directly proportional to the size of the crowds. Talking of crowds, foresight and Jim Gregory, well he had the chance to move the ground up SAR but failed to do so but when you have 32,000 rangers fans rocking and roaring at a game why would you. He and many others could not foresee Hillsborough and the end of terraces. The rest is a matter of history.
        Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Originally posted by bhujio View Post
          I agree Whole heartedly and my ticket for last year was 550.00 after early bird and this year 750.00 up 200.00. Now that is a kick in the teeth unless our squad is reasonably strengthened.

£200.00
          That is indeed a hefty increase, and you will be absolutely justified in expecting a better quality product on show, in blue and white hoops, next season.

Personally, I hate having to use horrible corporate terms like "product", when talking about the club I've loved and supported for nearly 40 years now, but if we're to beat Flav and Bernie, I'm more convinced now than I ever was, it will have to be at their own game.

Comment

Originally posted by bhujio View Post

Warnock will get the money he needs from season tickets. If season tickets are not sold, he doesn't have the transfer money he needs. You see what I'm getting at? You cannot demand a better product if fans and supporters don't buy season tickets, then we could get a 5 million striker. Or did you think Bernie would loan himself 30 million pound to give to warnock to buy players with?

Comment

Thats all very well saying warnock will get his transfer budget from st sales.

So what happens to the 37million from tv right's plus whatever monies come in from sponsers, and every time were on sky the club gets a wad of money.

If some debts are paid off like the re-packaged abc loan, and we got some controll over our stadium, that would be fair.

But if no debts were paid off (which is likely) where will the money have gone.??

Perhaps they will put it away for a rainy day..........not.
              They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
                Thats all very well saying warnock will get his transfer budget from st sales.

So what happens to the 37million from tv right's plus whatever monies come in from sponsers, and every time were on sky the club gets a wad of money.

If some debts are paid off like the re-packaged abc loan, and we got some controll over our stadium, that would be fair.

But if no debts were paid off (which is likely) where will the money have gone.??

Perhaps they will put it away for a rainy day..........not.
                not sure whether we get the 40 mill upfront, scarlet, or whether we get it only at the end of the season. I know last place got 39 mill for going down last season, so perhaps we get it only at the end.

Comment

Personally I feel we need at least a 24000 capacity. Prices may still be fairly high but less then they are now and we may not sell out every time but you need to utilise on the big games and get as much revenue as possible from them. You need to attract fans not push them away and that is what the current prices are doing.
                  Estamos QPR

Comment

Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
                    not sure whether we get the 40 mill upfront, scarlet, or whether we get it only at the end of the season. I know last place got 39 mill for going down last season, so perhaps we get it only at the end.

We get the money in instalments m8.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDanShittu View Post
                      Personally I feel we need at least a 24000 capacity. Prices may still be fairly high but less then they are now and we may not sell out every time but you need to utilise on the big games and get as much revenue as possible from them. You need to attract fans not push them away and that is what the current prices are doing.

I would say 28k at least, most games would fill or nearly fill it i expect.

Comment

All this is all bull....we are paying to see the team we love and thats QPR against whoever and you all know it ....correct ?

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                          I was speaking to a friend of mine (Chelsea ST holder, yeah I know what your thinking) but he had a good point re our season ticket rises. Apart from in answer to the disgust most of us are having re the prices saying 'Welcome to the prem what did you expect (and that he pays £300 more than what I am worrying about) he also said well the increase will not only be because of who you have in your team, you are paying to see a better class of opponent and world class players. Used a crazy analogy but I get what he meant, and said if Crawley for example were playing Barcelona, Crawley fans would obviously expect to pay more to see the likes of Messi, Iniesta etc.

Not siding with Bernie and Flav but maybe that's what they were trying to put across in our whole 'Match Day experience' that it's not all about us (even though we would like it to be).
                          So why do other clubs pay half the price of us to see such players? We're gonna see players like Ramage every week for 800 quid a season ticket. That's a joke. I'm not expecting Messi every other Saturday but not Peter '****ing' Ramage for what I am paying. He is a lovely bloke, but as a footballer a load of dog ****.
                          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

In Warnock We Trust

- QPR Sign unproven striker from relegated Plymouth;
                            - Lack of ambition as R's sign has beens Clint Hill and Shaun Derry. They will be on the bench (treatment) than on the field;
                            - Is Warnock Mad! R's keep Helguson.
                            - R's keep Agyeman!

These could have been the headlines when there were posts of how much Forest were spending or Leicester.

The fact is we enjoyed the best season for over 15 years.

Clinrt Hill was in the back 4, Derry in Midfield and both played virtually every game. We let in 32 goals league goalsall season!

Noone would have predicted that!

Warnock is a very shrewd Manager who picks up players and will bring the best out of them. If they don't measure up (Pascal Chimbonda, Leon Court) then at least he's followed his instincts but it just didn't work out.

Ive every confidence in Warnock pursueing the right players he wants and what he feels is a reasonable price.

Its beginning of June, as long as Warnock is in place I have every confidence we will be still in the Premiership come this time next year.

Sean In Oz

Comment

Working...
                            X