Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenas

ON: QPR, Tottenham
    0diggsdiggQPR are interested in Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas.

The Daily Star says it is understood manager Neil Warnock also hopes to sign established Premier League players - with Tottenham's England midfielder Jenas on his list - but any arrivals will have to be on loan as club chiefs do not want to give him a huge budget.

The thrifty attitude comes despite huge ticket price rises at Loftus Road following promotion to the top flight.

Warnock is believed to have a wage ceiling of £35,000-a-week for any player coming in.

Great. Team full of loans and bosmans it is then.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

35k a week isn't a bad wage cap.

Just hope they free up some funds for transfer fee's.

Comment

Only £1.8m a year. How will they survive on that??

Comment

Well Bernie still wants to do his weekly shop in M&S rather than Tesco 'value'. So don't expect anything more.
          Queens Park Rangers
          NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            ON: QPR, Tottenham
            0diggsdiggQPR are interested in Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas.

The Daily Star says it is understood manager Neil Warnock also hopes to sign established Premier League players - with Tottenham's England midfielder Jenas on his list - but any arrivals will have to be on loan as club chiefs do not want to give him a huge budget.

The thrifty attitude comes despite huge ticket price rises at Loftus Road following promotion to the top flight.

Warnock is believed to have a wage ceiling of £35,000-a-week for any player coming in.

What do they know??:rollingeyes
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

As said if we ended up paying Jenas £1.8m to play for us a year that's hardly doing it on the cheap and as Morris says £35k wage cap is hardly frugal, not in my book anyway. even given the rise in ticket prices our board will probably still have one of the smallest revenue streams in the division. I'm no fan of Flavio or Bernie but there's no point laying into them about everythig just to have a good moan.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                As said if we ended up paying Jenas £1.8m to play for us a year that's hardly doing it on the cheap and as Morris says £35k wage cap is hardly frugal, not in my book anyway. even given the rise in ticket prices our board will probably still have one of the smallest revenue streams in the division. I'm no fan of Flavio or Bernie but there's no point laying into them about everythig just to have a good moan.
                Why not?
                Queens Park Rangers
                NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

35k a week wage ceiling would be very generous for a club of our stature.

I wouldn't want us to be spending any more right now anyway - you can't just parachute bloated Prem fat cats into the squad we've got and expect them to still work as a team.

Comment

I'd be happy to have him still young and hungry enough to play PLF unlike Harry kewell
                    R's

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      Great. Team full of loans and bosmans it is then.
                      No problem with Bosmans. Doesn't make them rubbish players! You don't ideally want more than a couple of loanees though, but Warnock would know that!

Comment

Working...
                      X