No announcement yet.

Cyprus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

think isleworth just wanted to know what its like for a holiday....not sure he's planning on moving there!!
    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
      think isleworth just wanted to know what its like for a holiday....not sure he's planning on moving there!!

No mate, me thinks Isleworth has heard a rumour, something on the lines of our tkt prices include return flights to Kyrenia on a new orange air line fatboyflights.com, a short trip from Kyrenia harbour where BE & FB will park
      the boats, a new state of the art race track and football stadium will be built using Tesco clubcard points, Turkey will withdraw when a little bloke offers special paperwork entry into EU, QPR fans with 100.000 loyalty points will be offered relocation to the new island of BAFPRUS, fans who take up the offer will gain employment on peanut farms and as umbrella carriers at grand prix and football matches for £20 per event,

Comment

lets hope g.p aint doing the paperwork........
        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Come and join lonerager and myself in Florida.....

94 today...... Fcuck I'm hot and bored, lonerager is asleep.

Comment

Thanks for all the tips and advice once again Chaps and we have booked a week in Pathos in the end so roll on 10am Sunday morning at Gatwick and hopefully not much of a hangover after the England game tomorrow :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
              Stay away from Ayai Napper unless you want to mingle with Fitttz, Routledge innit and dizzy rascal.
              An hour away is Paphos, which is stunning.
              I own a villa in Paphos and stay there quite regularly. Prices out there are about the same as the UK for food and drink. Like anywhere, you can eat more cheaply if you know the right places.

Comment

I'm off to Cyprus in September too. 7 nights in paphos and 2-3 nights in napa! been paphos loads of times but first time going to napa. anyone recommend any decent hotels to stay in napa?

Comment

Originally posted by 2touch View Post
                  Total nonsense mate! There is extremely low crime there, i have never heard anything like this at all and I have spent a lot of time there and got married there! To be fair, the greeks do talk a load of old pony about the north of the island, which they lost when they started persecuting ethnic turks in 60s and 70s. Did you know that the Greek cypriot terrorist group EOKA also killed British soldiers at that time?
                  The island was divided in 1974 when the Turks invaded and took the Northern part of the island until they were stopped by UN and British forces. The island remains divided to this day. EOKA were not attacking the British then, that was in the fifties when Britain owned the island and the Greeks, not unreasonably, wanted it back. It was handed back to them by the British in the early sixties. In fact British soldiers also killed EOKA members in the fifties as well as capturing and imprisoning them with long sentences. They were released once Britain gave up the island back to the Greeks.

Comment

[QUOTE=jonno;620982]The island was divided in 1974 when the Turks invaded and took the Northern part of the island until they were stopped by UN and British forces. The island remains divided to this day. EOKA were not attacking the British then, that was in the fifties when Britain owned the island and the Greeks, not unreasonably, wanted it back. It was handed back to them by the British in the early sixties. In fact British soldiers also killed EOKA members in the fifties as well as capturing and imprisoning them with long sentences. They were released once Britain gave up the island back to the Greeks.[/QUOTEve

Very good, but conveniently forgetting that the british never took the island from the greeks in the first place did they? We were leasing the island from Turkey (as we did Hong Kong from China), and when they joined the Germans in WW1 we decided not to return it.

Did you copy and paste that from A Greek website? Why should the whole island be run by Greeks? Anyway they messed it up by supporting EOKA and lost control of the island. They will never have it now, and if that isn't karma, then I don't know what is.

Their credit rating has just been downgraded anyway due to exposure to Greek debt. The karma just keeps on coming.

I will be making no more comment on this thread as this is a football forum and we should be complaining about ticket prices and that we haven't signed any players.

Thank you and good night.

Comment

2touch, perhaps you have been listening too much to your Turkish in-laws side of the story.

As UB6 Rangers has said, the islanders were mainly Greek origin until the Turks from Turkmenistan spread outwards and took Cyprus and and other lands, including Constantinople now part of Istanbul, whilst creating the Ottoman Empire.

It has also been stated on here that most of the Cypriots, Greek and Turkish, got on reasonably well with each other, but politics from the mainland countries would at times cause problems in Cyprus. They probably would be able to do so again in future if the Greek and Turkish Governments would stop meddling.

Comment

Stan,

Both of those statements are true, and nobody is disagreeing with that so am unsure why you are repeating them. Neither side has a right to run the island on their own and when things got unbalanced with nobody reining in EOKA, things went t1ts up. It will be a very long time until its sorted as both governments are pretty stupid and vindictive towards each other and don't seem to realistically want a fair settlement.

Comment

Who gives a fc uk........isleworth will enjoy a kebab from bothsides
                          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                            Who gives a fc uk........isleworth will enjoy a kebab from bothsides

Comment

Working...
                            X