Don't let ticket prices ruin this great moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't let ticket prices ruin this great moment

I am a life long QPR supporter from Norway. I spend at least an hour trawling message boards every day, reading every article posted on QPR Report and I think I am as decicated as any UK R's supporter. I travel to UK on average five times a year to follow QPR, sometimes staying a few days to see two or three matches during a trip. I see reserves and youth matches whenever I can. When I was younger I slept on airport floors, in cars and in dirty youth hostels to strecth my budget as much as I could to get to see as many matches as possible. I can afford hotels now, but go for the cheapest there are, as it cost a lot to go to UK every sixth to eight week during the season. A regular trip cost me £350-600 with flight tickets, match tickets, hotels, transportation in UK and food, beer etc - so up to £2000-2500 a year. I am self employed, but right now don't have much to do and honestly do not earn well, but I am nevertheless pretty happy with a flexible job that allows me to go to see QPR so often.

Like the rest of you I am affected by the horrible ticket price increases. In stead of paying five times £26 for home matches I have to pay five times £47, so an increase of more than £100. But, and this is my point, as much as I hate the increases, and as much as I find it disgusting that real QPR fans have to pay an arm and a leg to follow the team, I will not for one bloody second let this ruin my joy of finally again supporting a Premier League club. I have waited for this for 15 years, and I won't let the extra costs ruin the unbelievable feeling I have had ever since the FA ruling was announced prior to the Leeds match. Somehow I will find the extra money, and I have decided that those stupid ticket prices and those extra £100 are not going to take away the big smile I constantly have on my face these days. I assume the extra money I pay one way or the other will be spent on running and investing in QPR, and will not end in the pocket of Bernie, which softens it. If he gets my £100, well, let it be - he bankrolled the promotion, didn't he?

Roll on Premier League - we have Warnock! This is a great time to be a QPR supporter and I think we will be the surprise package of season 2011/2012 - finishing well above the relegation zone.

Very good post.

problem is every couple of seasons, the fanbase get hits hard.

This time around should have been a time for celebration and looking forward. Deep down we all want our club playing the best, problem is we all want to be able to afford it. It leads to conflict and arguments when we all can't.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

season ticket prices aren't that bad in my opinion, not for premiership football. The problem is that matchday prices are/will be ridiculous and that people who have loyalty points don't get rewarded with opportunity to buy a season ticket.

Comment

Good post, but unfortunately not everyone feels the same or has the money as you maybe do.
        I agree with James re season ticket prices, only £100 more on my last seasons price (bronze anyway) is good value for prem football. Its matchday price payers I feel sorry for.
        And as the original poster said, so what if the extra money goes into Bernie etc pockets, they bankrolled our promotion, very good point.
        Last edited by 80sCasual; 01-06-2011, 08:04 AM.
        Queens Park Rangers
        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

I agree with casual. Feel sorry for the match day buyers!
          http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            season ticket prices aren't that bad in my opinion, not for premiership football. The problem is that matchday prices are/will be ridiculous and that people who have loyalty points don't get rewarded with opportunity to buy a season ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
              In stead of paying five times £26 for home matches I have to pay five times £47, so an increase of more than £100.
              Oslo if you think there will be any walk up tickets at £47 you,re mistaken.
              They will be sold out as season tickets
              i think the only walk up tickets available next season will be gold and Platinum at £72 and whatever gold is.

Shame

Comment

I agree with everything the post says......

But am sure you will feel differently 2 months into the season having paid all that money to come over and watch us get spanked 7-0 at home by Arsenal. Cause with the current squad that will happen.

If the board want to put season ticket prices up to those levels then invest in players that can compete at that level. Give and take. The idea of watching Craig Mackrel Smith chasing the ball for 90 minutes does not excite me and make me think i am getting something back for my extra investment.

Comment

Working...
                X