• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, did you mention to them you were anti tims
    From the Hills of Kerry
    To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

voted don't care.......whatever we say counts for nothing...only the board have any idea how long.

Comment

you obvioulsy have no sense of irony, do you pete? in fact, you have a bloody nerve. remind me who it was who campaigned, on the instructions of his puppet master, for the removal of paulo sousa after, what was it now, 20-odd games? the same paulo sousa who, it would be safe to assume, would have or could have done an equally good job, if not better, than magilton did at ipswich.

you need to check yourself, son.

Comment

As many games as he needs. If we can't get behind our manager and support him, then you shouldn't be in the ground. Jim wasn't my first choice, but as long as he is the manager, then he is the man that decides which team goes out, and who is our starting 11, therefore which team represents QPR on the pitch. And because of that he is our manager, and the man that decides our fate. judge him on what he does or doesn't do. Not what he has done in the past with a squad completely different from ours.

Comment

Originally posted by baille funk View Post
            you obvioulsy have no sense of irony, do you pete? in fact, you have a bloody nerve. remind me who it was who campaigned, on the instructions of his puppet master, for the removal of paulo sousa after, what was it now, 20-odd games? the same paulo sousa who, it would be safe to assume, would have or could have done an equally good job, if not better, than magilton did at ipswich.

you need to check yourself, son.
            Fair point! We need to get behind him and not start a premature witch hunt!!!
            I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Originally posted by andythefish View Post
              Fair point! We need to get behind him and not start a premature witch hunt!!!
              SPOT ON-Lets show a bit of LOYALTY and encourage him and the players instead of being negative.

Comment

We're already down at the bottom of the barrel in those that wanted this bloody job; if we sack another one prematurely, there'd be no one left to take the job!

Comment

yeah

davmanspoint is a massive one,when dowie was appointed there were one hundred applicants
                  this time not only was there hardly any applicants but the calibre was much less
                  flavio knows he must stop this insanity no more new managers for at least a
                  whole season and hopefully if things go to plan three years

if flavio keeps up this lunacy he will have knowone to give the job as manager to

Comment

Strange poll
                    i put the full 2 years but in reality 18 months next season to really sort things out for a major push the following season. if in the following season we were not looking the business by xmas then it would need to be looked at.

any talk of 10 games in ludicrous as is 25 unless we were in the relegation zone or close to it at that point.
                    its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Sorry Pete - I know this is your site, but this has to be the most senseless posts I have ever seen.Lol- However i will reply...

Personally i didnt want to see Jim as our manager.For me(and me only) it's seems a step backwards.Having said that - its done and dusted now.

What I would like to see is Jim been given 100% support from the board and left alone to manager this team.Worst case scenario - is the team we have got should easily see us to mid table this season.

Im waiting to see what Jim brings to the table.can he motivate the current crop of players we have to a)Carry on wher PS left of -defensively wise.
                      b) incorporate someof LDC's style of attacking play.

Can he wheel and deal and bring in the 3-4 players we seem to need to kick us into a promotion chasing team.

What worries me is that - if we start slowly - how long before the fans get on back and FB as well.

However - it's really irrelevant what i think.Some fans have already made up their minds.Unless we plunge into the depths of relegation - let him manage for good length of time - It does take time to build a team, esp when you are not throwing shed loads of money into players transfers etc.

Comment

Unless he is a disaster, QPR, fans and Board alike, should not rush into making any decisions on JM. i.e. Dowie was doing reasonably ok, although the performances were not very entertaining.

He was sacked, Ainsworth, Sousa and Ainsworth again and the end result was that QPR scored the lowest goals in the division, and lowest in the league and finished a couple of places and a few more points away from the P/Os than they were under Dowie.

The same type of thing happened at Newcastle. Allardyce was doing a similar job to Dowie, but Ashley wasn't being entertained enough, so he sacked him. A number of managerial changes followed and this resulted in Newcastle's relegation.
                        Last edited by stanistheman; 09-06-2009, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Tend to agree with you Stan.People know what big Sam is all about - so why so suprised when they hired him that the football became boring.

Didnt set the world on fire at Blackburn - but kept them up.Have feeling now he will guide them up the league this coming season.Had Big Sam stayed at Newcastle - who knows - they could be still playing in the premiership.But hey - fans what entertainment - so maybe thats what they will do in championside this season...

Not many teams can attract players like Kaka Ronaldo - and play entertaining football -and win...Look at Chelsea and even Arsenal.

Get the basics right.Stop teams from scoring - then at least you get a point...Work from back to front.Unless you have a Les Ferdinand....who use to get us out of trouble when his defence let in 1-2 or 3 goals.People may call in negative...

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                            Tend to agree with you Stan.People know what big Sam is all about - so why so suprised when they hired him that the football became boring.

Didnt set the world on fire at Blackburn - but kept them up.Have feeling now he will guide them up the league this coming season.Had Big Sam stayed at Newcastle - who knows - they could be still playing in the premiership.But hey - fans what entertainment - so maybe thats what they will do in championside this season...

Not many teams can attract players like Kaka Ronaldo - and play entertaining football -and win...Look at Chelsea and even Arsenal.

Get the basics right.Stop teams from scoring - then at least you get a point...Work from back to front.Unless you have a Les Ferdinand....who use to get us out of trouble when his defence let in 1-2 or 3 goals.People may call in negative...
                            Sounds familiar-but it could lead to certain sections of supporters"declaring war":confused:

Comment

We have to see sense on this one and give him and his back room staff a season at least. Lets not jump on his back as soon as we suffer our first defeat , a change of manager half way through the season again would be a disaster,imo.

Comment

Look at some recent sides who went up from the CCC.

Wolves with McCarthy he would have been sacked by QPR after failing to get into the play-offs 3 seasons ago.

Birmingham with McLeish and Bruce, both went up, but only after suffering a blip in mid season and the managers both survived calls from fans for their sacking.

Stoke and Pulis. Stoke made steady progress each season under him, before going up. And their football is hardly up there with the best entertaining sides.

We need to show some patience and let JM manage the team and play the game his way for at least next season and the start of the following one (unless of course there is huge unrest amongst players and the side is facing relegation). Another season of top half football is hardly a sacking offence.

Comment

Working...
                                X